LegacyGT.com

Recaro Seats and Roll Bar

chucktoo

I was not going to change the drivers seat in my car but after 3 days on the track I am convinced it should be done.

I just finished a 3 day advanced road racing course at Bondurant - we drove Mustang SVTs . The cars had full cages and 4 point harnesses. The drivers seat was a Recaro - Speed I think and the passanger a stock Ford bucket.

I got to experiance both seats with harnesses and there was no competition between them . The Recaro was still confortable and held you in place hour after hour driving on the track as fast as you could. The passanger seat was where you rode when the instructor was driving. Even with a 4 point harnes it was no fun even for short periods of time.

I can't find that anyone has change out a drivers seat yet ?

I am also convinced that a roll bar with harness mounting is also a really good idea.

Has anyone done a roll bar or a cage yet ?

One thing to keep in mind with a roll bar or cage is that they can be incredibly dangerous if you are not waring a helmet. Make absolutely certain that there is no way that any passenger's heads can come nto contact with any part of the cage. for the tack they are great, for the street they can cause more harm then good.

Your car is getting crazier ;)

also think about pulling out the SRS fuses and such as you probably dont want the car to malfunction because ot the seats being removed.. if you can, get a full cage.. make sure which ever shop does the work for you that they should know what a safe set up is suppose to be (preferrably a full car race prep shop that has build many many well known touring race cars).

Just remember: Safety should never be overlooked.

Keefe

And SFI padding for the rollbar. The problem being if you have an accident on the street...
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Thanks for the input . I gather I will be the first to do this ?

Any feeling on Recaro Sport vs Speed seats ?

I'll see if I can find someone who has seats in Boston area to sit in .

I remember a seat review in one of the car mags a couple of years ago - anyone have a link ?

i got my 6-point cage at swracecars.com up in PA. i believe they asked for 150 for it. 8 point was 210. shipping is included in the price. you have to call them for their latest list. the pdf list they have online is almost 5 years old.

all the piping comes precut and ready to go. all you need to do is weld it together. there's interior friendly and nonfriendly version.

the seat i use in the FC is a corbeau. recaro was asking 2x when i was looking for a replacement seat.

• 1 year later...

Archived