LegacyGT.com

Cluster question.

Don't quote me on this but I thought the red Legacy font was specific to 2006's.

2005's have the white Legacy and then in 2007+ the clusters changed and didn't have this font anymore.

Either way, I've always loved the clusters in these cars.

Don't quote me on this but I thought the red Legacy font was specific to 2006's.

2005's have the white Legacy and then in 2007+ the clusters changed and didn't have this font anymore.

Yeah, I don't know why, but that's what I was thinking, too. I did some quick searching, and I ended up in this thread on custom add-on gauges:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/most-popular-gauges-pod-options-218818.html

There are a few pics where you can see the "Legacy" logo and it does seem like the white ones are from 2005 cars, and the red ones from 2006s. And '07 and up cars don't have the logo at all.

I'm the original owner of my '05 and it has always had the white logo. I've never been into my gauge cluster, so not sure how easy it would be to change it. I would think you would have to change out the LED itself, or maybe add a red overlay.

So I found dealer brochures from 2005 and 2006. They have small pictures of the gauges for each year. The images are somewhat low quality, but the first page is from the 2005 brochure, and the logo is white. The second page is from the 2006 brochure, and the logo is red.

I forgot the gauge lighting is "electroluminescent" and I have to admit I don't really know what that means. So, I'm not sure how easy it would be to change the color.

5701138_2005legacy.thumb.jpg.5b66ab97fbbc69acd881a80317f26e66.jpg

1168396161_2006legacy.thumb.jpg.b116cdff624f2a0265f90e48eb9e8813.jpg