LegacyGT.com

Can I turn of the screen and still listen to the radio?

My '21 Legacy has the 11.6 multimedia system with nav. I know you can turn the system off by pushing the volume in for a couple seconds but I want to turn the display off at night but still be able to hear it. I know I can dim it but is there a way I can turn it off and still hear the radio?

If you push the volume button the radio/ volume will be inoperative when the screen goes blank. If you touch the screen you will see most of the icons missing with the exception of the bottom a/c type controls which still work.

However, go to Settings-general (I believe) and "screen off". If you have your radio on, you should notice the volume still works. No icons if you touch the screen though so what station etc is hidden but then again, the screen is off. (You can always move the station display over to the center by the tach though if you wanted......)

Try both w/ radio on and see what results you get...

Thanks for the tip! It does work. Now I wish I could put a shortcut for that setting on my display to make it much easier to set. At least now I can listen to music at night without the display on.