LegacyGT.com

Preemptive wheel bearing/hub replacement, good or bad idea?

I was under the car now that it has the new subframe, seems to be the same design as in the picture above, not revised. This is quite disappointing, I'll be under the car a few times a year to apply fluid film and get on top of rust as it will eventually form around the mounting points for the control arms...

Obviously it sucks to have to replace that part. The original front subframe lasted 11+ years, the new one should last just as long. I suspect you will have other rust issues by the time your car is 20+ years.

Obviously it sucks to have to replace that part. The original front subframe lasted 11+ years, the new one should last just as long. I suspect you will have other rust issues by the time your car is 20+ years.

I am planning on spending quite a bit of my summer under the car to remove the surface rust from the shell and either apply rust converter then undercoat with paint or bedliner. Once that is done I'll take it to Krown before the next winter. Hopefully I can keep this car on the road for at least another 10 years!