LegacyGT.com

Code's Build 2009-present

Do you have the same wheels for front and rear? I just learned the rear track is slightly shorter than front, but your rears seem about even with front. I guess its more noticeable when there is more fender gap.

Square setup all around. Most pics In This thread are with the Dunlop’s on my car. They were extremely wide.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Really? If all the wheels and offsets are the same, how does the 10mm get filled in the rear? Know what I mean? It might look square but if everything is the same, then the rear wheels each have to be 5mm less than the front. Or is the track different for newer 4th gens??

Really? If all the wheels and offsets are the same, how does the 10mm get filled in the rear? Know what I mean? It might look square but if everything is the same, then the rear wheels each have to be 5mm less than the front. Or is the track different for newer 4th gens??

Sorry- my wheels are “square” as in they all spec the same, as opposed to a “staggered” setup where the front and rear have different dimensions. No clue about where they actually lie within the footprint of the car. My fenders have been rolled and pulled and fucked with a ton to get those z2ss to fit. I will never attempt that again! Buy good tires in a size that doesn’t rub.

Looking at your build just shows me how much more work I have to do lol....sigh!

What Bosch sensor did you use for the speed density? And you can you use it with the accessport? Why tune with speed density as opposed to the maf? I am curious which is better and why one would go the density route.

Speed density was done on advice of my tuner. It eliminates the potential for vacuum leaks to affect tuning, also removes the limitations of stock MAF and scaling for intakes. Probably just easier for him to tune since he already has VE tables built for 2.5l motors.

Everything works with AP. I run Cobb flex fuel setup as well, which uses the TGV inputs. Pretty much any sensor I put that is scalable can be used in the AP as a custom field.

Lots of work to get the car where it sits today. It didn’t happen over night. Lol. She is a beast though.

• 1 month later...
Rolled over 56k miles last night at 12y 8mos old.

You make me laugh...only 56k...someone needs to get out more. ;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Fired her up for the first time in two months! What a shame.  I backed it out of the garage, turned it around, and backed it into the garage. Tomorrow I’m pulling summer wheels and installing winters just to prevent a flat spot on the mps4s.  

id love to take her for a rip but the weather sucks. 

Looks good dude.

First time in a long time I’ve seen a sedan (of any make or model) and thought: “Yeah… I’d drive that.”

need to get myself some crap tires on rims so I can do the same and not damage my summers.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have pieced together a full brembo setup.  The calipers will be powedercoated, i'm thinking some sort of gunmental or dark gray with white lettering.  MachV cost just a hair under $1k all of the parts and pieces to do a full rebuild and a set of front pads and rotors.  I'll get some photos up when theyre done.

2 hours ago, Code said:

I have pieced together a full brembo setup.  The calipers will be powedercoated, i'm thinking some sort of gunmental or dark gray with white lettering.  MachV cost just a hair under $1k all of the parts and pieces to do a full rebuild and a set of front pads and rotors.  I'll get some photos up when theyre done.

What are your plans for the powder coating process?