LegacyGT.com

MY 2018 Navigation Update

• 5 months later...

I'd like to bump this post. I see there are no responses to the original post and I need information on how to update the maps on my 2017 Legacy factory navigation system here in Canada. I found a web site that offers a free update by download but I have to do it directly on my OEM micro SD card. I don't like that risk.

I asked the dealer if they do the updates and they flatly said NO. They said I'd have to buy a new SD card which they quoted at $700 CAD!!!!

Has anyone done a successful update?

Easier way is to just get the WAZE app for your phone or even google maps. Both are free and the updates are automatic.

I have never updated the Maps in my 2009 SPec B, I just use the free app from WAZE.

There is a new Nav Map just released for the Outbacks, This should be the last free update for our 2018 3.6R It's such a PITA to try and get the Map to download to my PC and then upload to the USB drive.

The subaru-maps page tells me I'm unauthorized yet when I sent in my email/PW it tells me I already have a active account.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

FWIW, here's the thread over on the outback forum, note about post #31 is where my saga gets good. There are a few earlier posts by me too.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/map-update-rel_a2-21-19-20-nafta.533348/page-2

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

OK everybody: When posting about "NAV updates," please specify what Gen 6 model year you're talking about. Specifically, 2015-2017 vs. 2018-2019 represent totally different head units, from totally different manufacturers, not surprisingly with totally different firmware and NAV update procedures.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png