LegacyGT.com

Which button works our heated mirrors?

bdisco

How about that new Buick that offers heated windshield washer fluid "up to 149 degrees". I wonder how many windshield's GM will be replacing due to this "feature"?

Nothing new. Audi, MB, and BMW all do it too. It's just a coolent line that runs through the wiper tank.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

My dealer told me it was the front defrost button that activated them, so shows how much they know...

But more importantly, does anyone actually need/want/use this feature? Even living in New Hampshire where I very frequently use the window defrosters, I've never seen my outside mirrors need it...

I be using it all the time out here on the left coast!!!!

How about that new Buick that offers heated windshield washer fluid "up to 149 degrees". I wonder how many windshield's GM will be replacing due to this "feature"?

GM windshields aren't paper thin like our fine subaru windshields ;)

lucky for me....I had a rock kick up on the highway and crack the OEM windshield...insurance paid 100% ($700) for a new PPG with the heating element. I now have a windshield far superior than the OEM ones.

Other blanks by the wiper defroster? Blanks for features I do not have are always so intriguing. Maybe for the headlight tilt up/down adjustment on Euro models? Probably our same basic dash goes in LHD Europe models. I remember the this feature being on all European cars from my travels...

Bulldog.............since the glove box is always open, you can leave the manual open for easy reading. Make a sharp right turn to get to the next page.:icon_bigg
"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

• 3 weeks later...
Why does my car create heat so fast? I start my car on 47 degree morning, let it warm up for 10 seconds and then drive less then 100 yard, boom, I've got heat. How is that possible? It does it all the time. I'm 41, this isn't my first car, and the only thing I know that creates heat quicker is a jet engine.

My brother's GTI has a separate button. He forgot to turn it off. They burned out. :icon_frow

My Audi's turn on when I open the door when the ambient temperature is low. Then they turn off automatically. They work great. :)

The Subaru's solution is more elegant than the GTI, and only slightly less elegant than the Audi's.

Thanks. But why not a separate button? Maybe over by the window switches? Other cars I've owned do that. Maybe the rear window doesn't need defoging just the mirrors.:icon_conf

• 3 weeks later...

Archived