LegacyGT.com

what r u using to dry the legacy?

phuzaxeman

in my experience, i used to use the absorber for a while. while pretty good, the absorber doesn't do as well as a high quality microfiber towel. there are a lot of fibre towels that are cheap and don't do a great job. one way to test a great fiber towel is to wipe a brand new cd-rw disc. you'll find a lot of cheap materials (sometimes the light kind) actually scratch. a quality weaved fiber towel also is softer than a cotton/chamois/absorber, picks up more water, and is softer. also, it has a nap unlike a chamoise so if you were to pick up some particles there's less of a chance that it'll scratch your paint

premium Microfiber...all the way;)

2 dishtowel size (to take off the majority of water)

2 Small bath towel size for drying

2 Washcloth size for (wheels, door jambs,engine bay, chassis, underbody)

I know it sounds excessive...the car gets the total treatment once a week. I do the same thing to the 2 other cars also:eek:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I traded in the absorber for waffle weave microfiber. I use the absorber on the engine bay now since it is so durable. I've had the same one for 6 years now and it still looks great. The best part about the absorber is that it doesn't trap dirt inside it. It's a great tool.

Here is something that will explain the different types of microfiber better. Some microfiber is not absorbant and not good for drying your car with. If you have a bad experience drying your car with small MF towels then it is likely because those towels aren't meant to be dried with. Waffle Weave towels are the way to go if you want the ultimate drying tool. Here's my next towel purchase. Those towels are awesome. Kinda pricey, but worth it. If you want to see what waffle weaves can do then keep an eye on premiumautocare.com in December. Dwayne is waiting on a shipment of towels and he will be having some crazy sales. I know he has Waffle Weave towels on the way, so I'm sure there will be good deals on those.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

The california water blade is a great drying tool for your glass. It isn't really necessary on your paint though. If your car is waxed then the water will pretty much just slough off if you run low pressure water over it. Then it is easy to blot off the remaining water with an absorber or waffle weave.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I use the water blade first to get most of the water off, then go back over where it missed with a microfiber towel. You have to make sure the blade is clean of any dirt though (i swipe it clean on each pass) otherwise it can lead to nice scrapes in the clear coat (seen this happen)

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Archived