LegacyGT.com

2.5i vs. scion TC

Too different to even compare...

What Nick said...

It you're serious about the tC, you should look at the Mazda 3 as well. My friend just bought a 5 door. It's a nice ride and a lot of car for the money.

Also...the Subaru Impreza is probably closer to the tC than the Legacy.

tC. If you don't mind a coupe, and don't need AWD. I'd go with a Saab 9-2x Linear if you are looking for the four doors and AWD without turbo, rather than Impreza. I like the look of the 9-2x better, and without the saab badges, it IS a Subaru.

tC, though has:

Hatchback

Glass roof

More agressive look

Better audio options for hooking up other sources (iPod, ect.)

four points FTW. Although to pick nits, the beltline is a little high, and makes the car look a tad chunky and tall above the rear wheels, kinda like a merc C-class coupe... But it probably does decent things for the interior room that way.

The tC is nice and all, but it can't compare to the Subaru. The glass roof is nice, but you can't drive with it open without fear of it cracking/shattering with the first rock that hits it. Many many reports of this, and Scion recommends that you do not drive with it open. Like I said the tC is nice, but not as nice as the legacy. Of course you do get that Pioneer mp3 deck with optional ipod hookup which is very nice!

X

---

I went down this road prior to buying a tC vs a GT.. it all came down to "which one will really make me happier?" regardless of what the car had to offer...

needless to say, the GT is more fun to drive and it fits my needs from a car's standpoint.

As for your 2.5i to a tC, well, that's really up to you if you need the extra space, the extra 2 doors, and the extra 2 wheels of transmitting power to get you around town.. the weight is relatively close as well, so the tC doesnt get that many performance points in my book... and from the looks of it on the road, the tC is just another "cool" commuter car of the civic-alternative to have.

Keefe

I would def. choose the 2.5i. I like the tC; it's a nice car. My only real justification for not picking it? There are a billion of them on the road. I counted the tCs in my parking lot a while back. I think it was something around 24 or 25. That is 24 more than the number of 05+ Legacies that were in the same parking lot.:icon_surp

A girl at my job has one and she drives it pretty damn fast because whenever we happen to leave at the same time she's always on my butt ofcourse until I punch it to about 100. When I slow down to 70 or so it doesn't take long for her to catch back up so I think for speed they're pretty good in there class. I love messing with her like that though the one night we were going back and fourth all the way to my exit. I'm gonna have to look to see if that thing is a stick or not next time she works.

Archived