LegacyGT.com

This is aggravating

I'm curious as to why you haven't posted any pics here of what the damage looks like, like when you first got the car back

I could, haven't posted pictures on here in a couple years, doesn't this site require resizing or external links?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could, haven't posted pictures on here in a couple years, doesn't this site require resizing or external links?

nope, you go to advanced then click the paperclip next to the smiley face, upload your files directly to the site, then you go back to the paperclip after you upload your pics to the site and use the dropdown to choose what pic you want to use wherever the cursor is. If that makes sense. Rather than use quick reply , use the go advanced.

Edited by Tehnation

It's asking me for a security token?

You may need to "log out" from the site, then "log in"

Go to the home page, in the upper left under your avatar you'll see the "Log Out" link.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

So, just got a call from the Service Advisor who immediately started with saying the dash is old and that the guy they brought in to fix the dash spent an hour on it. He really didn't sound like it's properly fixed but he said it's done. Going to pick it up tomorrow morning.

Lol, security token again. I'll try to upload the final repair pictures again later. Not sure why I'm getting this error. But anyway, basically wasn't really done properly, it's less visible but he didn't do a good job, some parts were still not touched.

After the airbag things don't look bad at all, the cracked trim piece is obviously unacceptable though. I kinda wonder if the extra damaged after the additional repairs was them saying F U for complaining about the dash.

I don't think so, after pulling my dashboard to fix my heater core I found that the trim pieces were extremely brittle, a little tug here and there and pretty much every one of my vents, cubby etc. cracked or shattered somewhere. Over time some of these pieces just don't want to cooperate. I can understand why they butchered it, I doubt it was malicious, it genuinely is a pita and a shit show when it comes to the dashboard. And with recalls its not like they can say no we don't want to touch that, so they are pretty much forced to mess with land mines basically lol. Edited by Tehnation

I don't think so, after pulling my dashboard to fix my heater core I found that the trim pieces were extremely brittle, a little tug here and there and pretty much every one of my vents, cubby etc. cracked or shattered somewhere. Over time some of these pieces just don't want to cooperate. I can understand why they butchered it, I doubt it was malicious, it genuinely is a pita and a shit show when it comes to the dashboard.

I think I was more upset that they didn't immediately try to rectify the damages. I literally had to jump thru hoops to get them to fix the damages and reimburse me for the mount

Looks like the decided a flat blade screw driver was the right tool. Brutal that they couldn't be bothered to use the right tool. And they clearly pried on the side beside the vent which is wrong, there is no clips/tabs there, no need to be prying there. Lack of care or education or both.

here's the official instructions for doing the repair: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2016/RCRIT-16V358-5167.pdf

note the reference to special tools to prevent damage to the vent as well as showing other tools that make the job much easier. The snap-on tool referenced at the beginning comes in a kit for about 250-300$. Note page 7 shows all the tools needed. The following pages show exactly how to use the tools and when.

I'd print this pdf along with current pics of your dash. Then ask to talk to the service manager about proper procedures. You might look up the district office for your area. They should have a remedy program for F ups like this.

added this pdf to jmp's idea thread (its stickied)

Edited by boxkita

here's the official instructions for doing the repair: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2016/RCRIT-16V358-5167.pdf

note the reference to special tools to prevent damage to the vent as well as showing other tools that make the job much easier. The snap-on tool referenced at the beginning comes in a kit for about 250-300$. Note page 7 shows all the tools needed. The following pages show exactly how to use the tools and when.

I'd print this pdf along with current pics of your dash. Then ask to talk to the service manager about proper procedures. You might look up the district office for your area. They should have a remedy program for F ups like this.

They completed the repair. I'm just have issues uploading the pictures. I'll try again later.

I don't think so, after pulling my dashboard to fix my heater core I found that the trim pieces were extremely brittle, a little tug here and there and pretty much every one of my vents, cubby etc. cracked or shattered somewhere. Over time some of these pieces just don't want to cooperate. I can understand why they butchered it, I doubt it was malicious, it genuinely is a pita and a shit show when it comes to the dashboard. And with recalls its not like they can say no we don't want to touch that, so they are pretty much forced to mess with land mines basically lol.

Yeah, I totally get that with the trim piece that's cracked, I don't think that was done on purpose.

However, in this set of pictures after they fixed the gauge mount, I think this is the tech not giving a shit.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6003663&postcount=39

Maybe he wasn't being malicious and trying to do damage, but he probably wasn't happy to hear complaints about the "damaged" dash, and just gave zero fucks from this point on. It's like sending food back when you're not happy with it, you risk them ******* with it in some way, sometimes it's just better to leave things alone, and fix the damaged part(s) yourself, with them giving you a new trim piece in this case.

Edit: I don't think techs do it the way boxkita posted, they might have done that at the beginning, but not after they got used to the job. I remember hearing the pull the cubby, pull the glovebox, and just do it that way. Removing the dash is way too much time and effort when they can access through the cubby and glove box opening.

Edited by apexi