LegacyGT.com

AVO / STi silicone shift knob

drewster

I really like that. Too bad I recently broke the bank on the Solberg-edition silver ball knob from MachV Motors. But what's a shift knob whore to do? buy more of course! X-Mas present to myself here we come!

I really like that. Too bad I recently broke the bank on the Solberg-edition silver ball knob from MachV Motors. But what's a shift knob whore to do? buy more of course! X-Mas present to myself here we come!

sorry to break the news, but Cheam UK was selling that same knob with Prodrive valve stem caps for $60 or so, shipped.

i like my solberg knob and don't mind it being all aluminum but...i don't think there's enough threads inside for it to screw down low enough to my liking. I have a kartboy SS.

I took mine off today for the winter. I unscrewed it and the plastic insert stayed in place on the shift rod while I unknowingly unscrewed the aluminum from the insert :eek: Actually, this is a godsend....I can fill the void at the top with something heavy....lead maybe, to weiht it?? Also, I can possibly cut the top inch of the insert off, allowing the it to thread further inside the knob thus lowering it on the rod.

I took mine off today for the winter. I unscrewed it and the plastic insert stayed in place on the shift rod while I unknowingly unscrewed the aluminum from the insert :eek: Actually, this is a godsend....I can fill the void at the top with something heavy....lead maybe, to weiht it?? Also, I can possibly cut the top inch of the insert off, allowing the it to thread further inside the knob thus lowering it on the rod.

wow that sounded dirty

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Not bad- I'd like a bigger pic though.

He wants a bigger pic of your knob... Thats just not right... I cant believe your all talking about your knobs, and wanting to replace them with silicone. Im quite happy with my knob.

Just had to do that...

Back on topic. It looks good. You will have to let us know how it works out.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

got mine in today....yes, on a Sunday. Second time a pkg from AVO was delivered on God's Day of Rest :lol:

The term 'silicone' is a misnomer....this knob is actually made of Delrin plastic. Nice feel and weight, but the stick-on STi logo makes me think $69 is overpriced. I didn't get the knob as tight as I should before affixing the logo, so I have to carefully pop it off to get it aligned properly now. I still think the STi STS is too tall.....might be time for a Dremel and a thread tap.

I ordered a lead melting ladle off eBay and will get some lead shot to melt down. I plan to add some mass inside the UKDM Solberg Edition knob and if that goes well, I will attempt to do the same with this new one as well.

got mine in today....yes, on a Sunday. Second time a pkg from AVO was delivered on God's Day of Rest :lol:

The term 'silicone' is a misnomer....this knob is actually made of Delrin plastic. Nice feel and weight, but the stick-on STi logo makes me think $69 is overpriced. I didn't get the knob as tight as I should before affixing the logo, so I have to carefully pop it off to get it aligned properly now. I still think the STi STS is too tall.....might be time for a Dremel and a thread tap.

I ordered a lead melting ladle off eBay and will get some lead shot to melt down. I plan to add some mass inside the UKDM Solberg Edition knob and if that goes well, I will attempt to do the same with this new one as well.

Is it heavier or lighter than stock?

Archived