LegacyGT.com

Flushing the brake fluid ?

Is this the correct product to fit the cap on our Master Cylinders ?

Motive Product 0107 for Asian cars.

https://www.amazon.com/Motive-Products-Pressure-Clutch-Bleeder/dp/B00CJ5DZE2

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Pretty darn sure it is, that’s the shape that my Motive cap is for the master cyl reservoir. I opted for the billet aluminum cap instead of their plastic version. One issue: the cap locks into place on the master cyl without too much hassle but it is EXTREMELY hard to unlock and pop off. I have no idea why. Sometimes I feel like I’m going to break the master cyl just trying to unlock and remove the cap.

Thanks, I placed the order for one. Been thinking about getting one for awhile.

Any tips on using it ?

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

directions were pretty straightforward. The main issue for me since I've never used one before was I assumed that the hose leading to the master cyl cap would be completely full of brake fluid once its under pressure. This is not the case, (I called them to be sure). You'll see fluid in the line but the line won't be completely full of fluid as it feeds the res.

That air in the line is what my concern was.

Seems the air just rises to the top as you release the pressure from the tank leaving no air in the system.

For sure, essentially they told me that as long as your reservoir has has fluid in it and the canister is pressurized its forcing fluid thru the system, (and any air bubbles in your brake lines as well) even though the hose isn't "full" of fluid.