LegacyGT.com

High speed vibe after changing EVERYTHING!

Had a vibration around 70-75. I put new Good Year Assurance 225's on stock 17"wheels, all new pads and rotors and the vibration is still there. A little better than before but still enough to annoy the $$%^ out of me. Any thoughts? Bent rim? Suspension? The tire guy said the wheels were fine so idk. What else could cause vibration? Motor completely rebuilt at 100k currently have 160k. Any help would be appreciated because I do a lot of high speed freeway driving.

Likely the steering damper. That's the issue max capacity was having around that speed and a similar issue I'm having.

If you're wheels are balanced, tires good, and calipers aren't sticking. I'd put a wrench on all suspension bolts and then replace the steering damper with an sti rigid one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm I never looked at the motor mounts. I will have to find them. The strut mounts are a little rusty but the mechanic said the struts look ok. Also one of the CV boots in the front is torn but i dont have any CV noise. Cluncking clicking no noise when turning. Its a 2.5 Gt turbo by the way.

Bent rims can cause vibration, should be visible when the wheel is on a balancer. Balancers can still pronounce a wheel balanced even as you see it shaking while spinning.

Driveshaft bearing/coupling issues can be a cause too, should be more noticeable when on the gas.

Worn rubber bushings are another possible cause. They can sometimes cause a shimmy on braking too.

at high speed only, look for a bent rim. A slow spin on a balancer will show a bent rim. Or even a dial indicator stuck on the fender can test it yourself

You would think when the tire guy put new tires on he would have found the rim bent? I heard a bad cv joint could cause vibration . I do have a torn boot i need to replace in the front. Oh the vibration is in the steering wheel