LegacyGT.com

Whats the going rate to change a windshield?

I was just quoted $265 to replace my windshield with a pilkington? or a ppg?. Not sure which brand is better. And they come to my driveway to do it.

I have a pilkington currently so i may go with the same thing. Safelite quoted me 330, plus "Quote does not include tax, disposal fee or additional service options." so probably like 350 or so.

Not a fan of this safelite, i like talking to people, everything is online, and this taxes disposal fee nonsense.... when I pay someone for work or get a quote I want one price... hate this retail like nonsense.

Edited by Tehnation

You may want to make sure it is the heated and tinted at the top as OEM ?

Years ago there was a member here that owned a glass shop. He wasn't to impressed with Safelite. But did like PPG.

He mentioned the tint at the top like OEM.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I don't think so. He said they weren't as clear as PPG. If I recall right, thinking back now. At different angles the view was not a perfect. Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That is about what I paid for heated/tint windshield for a 2011 LGT. I got the same quote from Safelite, and it extra for mobile installation. I had gotten a windshield 11 months earlier from another company that safelite acquired for about $260. It seem like BS to me that windshield prices went up that much so that is when I searched for a lower quote.

I went to Safelite in Beaverton near me. I went through insurance to do it, but I got an aftermarket heated windshield that I have zero complaints about. $100 due for the deductible. The windshield on there prior was an OEM Subaru one that didn't appear different to me in any way. Hope this helps.