LegacyGT.com

upper coolant hose swelling

I'll just go to the dealer. There is one 5mn from me. I know it's just a hose, but the direction is important (it was installed backward on one of my cars 10 years ago and it came off as a result!).

When I burped the system, I was squeezing that hose a lot. Could not really tell a difference from the new one I installed on the 05 though.

its the new radiator cap.

also replace that hose!!!!

Thanks for reminding me to run to the dealer to get a new one myself.

Glad it was an easy fix. Assuming that fixes it.

St George is pretty cool. I couldn't live there. Cultural issues. In fact that's a huge motivating factor in leaving slc in September. If you rock climb though I'll hit you up when I go down before I leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know how much coolant you'll loose. I may find a dirt road somewhere and swap hose. I just got one from the local dealer for 28$. If I do this, I'll make sure to clean up afterwards. Don't want to get wild animals sick or anything.

I would say expect to lose about a quart. My over flow tank and my expansion tank were both empty and I'd say I lost maybe half a quart. If you park facing uphill you might lose less.

I'd also fill the hose some if you can after clamping the engine side. It took a bit too bleed the air from mine and I didn't fill mine. Took me about an hour since the only tool I had was a poorly sized flat head I snagged from the lab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk