LegacyGT.com

braided lines HELP please

hello

in the uk no one makes a braided brake hose kit for the mk5 br9. I know the front brake hoses are the same as on the mk4 bpe but the rear is different, does any one know if the rear brake hose from the impreza wrx sti hatchback is the same as the br9? as we can use the rear black Brembo as an upgrade I'm huess the hoses are the same and in the same location? ie the hose comes straight down out of the wheel arch

also looks like there is 4 hoses to change not 6 like on the bpe

thanks

any particular reason you can't get some shipped in from overseas? can't imagine it'd be any cheaper to buy 2 sets of lines to cobble together one set than it would be to buy a specific set and pay the shipping, and then you'd know you have a set that works.

any particular reason you can't get some shipped in from overseas? can't imagine it'd be any cheaper to buy 2 sets of lines to cobble together one set than it would be to buy a specific set and pay the shipping, and then you'd know you have a set that works.

in the uk you can buy just the fronts or just the rears, so I would buy bpe fronts as I know there the same, I just need to know if the impreza rear is the same.

thanks

gen 5 isn't listed on there uk website

A lot of overseas companies incosistently/incorrectly mis-list parts that fit the 10-14 Legacy/Outback (Whiteline is a perfect example, for their rear LCAs, if you look at the American site, it does not list our cars as compatible but if you look at their Australian site, it does).

The part number for the Goodridge lines for 10-14 Legacy/Outback is 24220-CL. Search that part number on google and you should be able to find a method to purchase even if Goodridge doesn't list immediately on their site.

Here's a link, don't know if this site ships to UK, but google the part # and you should be able to find something at least: https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/brake-lines/goo-24220-cl-goodridge-stainless-steel-brake-line-kit-front-and-rear

Nope, they are not the same. The STI fitting is straight and the BM9/BR9 fitting has a bend.
I just ordered a set of STI braided lines from Rockauto. They showed up today and I noticed they have a bend. It's not the full 90 degree, more like 45. Will these work or should I send them back?

I grabbed the powerstop ones since they are wrapped in pvc, extra protection from the Canadian winters.

I'm still a couple weeks away before I'm ready to complete the install so sending them back or selling them won't be an issue, I'll just order another set.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

I just ordered a set of STI braided lines from Rockauto. They showed up today and I noticed they have a bend. It's not the full 90 degree, more like 45. Will these work or should I send them back?

I grabbed the powerstop ones since they are wrapped in pvc, extra protection from the Canadian winters.

I'm still a couple weeks away before I'm ready to complete the install so sending them back or selling them won't be an issue, I'll just order another set.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

They should be fine. These are the STI straight lines. The 45 deg ones should cause the hose to not jut up as sharply.

C8tbmFa.jpg

ive just fitted the black rear brembos and use the oem lines. if the hose is fitted to the caliper and the pipe is slack then it will rub on the driveshaft,if you hold the line up when connecting the banjo bolt there is enough tension to keep the hose there on its own

Good luck and double check everything when it comes to your brakes. Also it's very handy to have a partner with you when bleeding and you should do a full bleed if you've had any issues. Air bubbles will spell huge issues when things heat up.