LegacyGT.com

2007 LGT and a VF52

Yess good to know

Also just to be clear I want to mod this car because I enjoy modded cars but not because I want to do crazy launches or race anymore. I know as an automatic the trans isn't ideal, but I just want a sick sounding car with some more pickup and I wanted to replace the weakest link in this car.

Edited by Supernyamo

So don't mean to jack the thread but I'm also curious on the vf52. I plan on upgrading to a vf52 pretty soon and going pro tune. We have a local shop here that I'm going to have tune it and the tuner recommended I do fueling mods. Seeing here yall get away on stock fueling. Is the turbo maxed out with stock fueling or would bigger injectors and pump allow me to run higher boost on the turbo? I was looking at getting a modded vf52 with an 18g wheel and get it ported and polished. I guess my question is what runs out first, fueling or turbo?

Fuel. My injectors have been maxed out for over 150,000 miles. Car still runs great.

The cost of injectors and labor for a few more HP wasn't worth it to me.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yeah thats pretty much what I'm battling. Getting injectors and a pump might be good if I'm running a bigger turbo but with a vf52 and injectors I might get an extra 10 ish before my turbo runs out. Anybody have experience with modded vf52s? Any large enough difference to justify the mods?

Yeah thats pretty much what I'm battling. Getting injectors and a pump might be good if I'm running a bigger turbo but with a vf52 and injectors I might get an extra 10 ish before my turbo runs out. Anybody have experience with modded vf52s? Any large enough difference to justify the mods?

I'm watching this thread closely with the same questions. A VF52 is a strong contender in my mod plan, and I'm basically ready to order when I decide what to order. I like having margin, so hearing that the stock injectors and/or fuel pump could be maxed by the bigger turbo makes me want to upgrade.

What is your opinion on the TD05H-Evo16G by BNR and Kinugawa? I'm actually thinking about going in this route. Don't care (at the moment) of my whp goals aren't met

https://bnrsupercars.wordpress.com/

I’m running a BNR 16g evo3. Been very happy with it. I have supporting fuel system mods as well (top feed inj,pump,fpr,parallel lines). I’m tuned conservatively to 285hp/317tq @~20psi My tuner said the engine is making the power easily. Being on a stock 2018 ej257 shortblock and 5eat I was looking for nice power but longevity as its my daily. You lose quite a bit of power from flywheel to wheels through an automatic so when looking at a big number at the wheels you could have a pretty big number at the flywheel. I’ve heard it can be as much as 30% loss on an auto. If thats the case I could be making over 400bhp. Thats a good amount for stock internals. I’m happy with the power delivery and it’s really fun to drive.

You're freaken awesome :eek: thanks max!!!! I also took it to Subaru to get it checked out. I got the code read as P0011 and P0021 so I didn't want to play any games, they found nothing wrong with it and the inspection was free because of that it.

Then the car guys I made buddies with when I was first searching for a car came out and they were so adorable and gushed all over this car. They also said it was mint looking haha. I'm so happy that I got this car.

Y'all are cool people

Here's what should be done for your CEL.

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30105

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I talked to the seller about what's going on. I dunno. He religiously went to Subaru for all maint except doing his own breaks. He literally purchased new tires for the car for me and got his stuff done at six star just February of this year and didn't drive it much. I don't think he knew about this issue, don't think he tried to dupe me. He told me to stay in touch and let him know what happens. Besides this major issue, the car is mint so I honestly would probably still get the car again. No other car in my area for sale that I saw was this nice and also stock.

Whelp it's in the shop for now, gonna look at the OCVs and the banjo filter. I contacted bnr about the turbo. Getting a high flow catted downpipe it things look good. If they don't for the turbo, ordering the bnr one 16g.

Wait and see I guess.

So if things look good and the fix is just the oil control valves and or banjo filters.

They will install a Dp and the BNR 16g. Does Brian still require you to get a inline oil filter with that Turbo ?

I'll be interested to hear what the mechanic finds.

Back in the day, there were a few of those turbos that had issues.

The 16g didn’t have issues. The gen 4 LGT turbo oiling design and owner maintenance were issues. For him to warranty his turbos he wants a filter run inline and oil supply from a different location. I chose to follow his suggestion but I ran mine off top rear oil galley rather than sandwich plate and I added the FP red inline filter. I check my filter every oil change and have never seen any debris in the screen. Others here only run the oem line and will tell you they have no problem. Check out his website, he has links for everything you’d need if you decided to change the oiling.

• 2 weeks later...

Well she's back. The culprit for the CEL, according to apm, was the avcs solenoid. It was replaced and there was no longer a CEL. I've since driven the car quite a bit, carefully, checking for smoke, sound, loss of power etc. Also monitoring the AVCS too. I also purchased a AP and have datalogging the car and from doing some research on how to read said datalog I don't see anything of note or alarm. I put the car on stage 1 and will probably purchase a downpipe in a few months. I'll be getting the banjo filters removed soon as well but I need to check with APM about it since I took it in with it in mind that they'd be doing that. Everyone is very busy and I still don't have the tools yet in the garage to do the work myself - believe me I want to.

Of course I'm still paranoid about the turbo but apm stated there was no signs of the turbo failing. It's in very good condition for the year and mileage I guess. Except for the solenoid which has been taken care of. I am actively monitoring the knock, DAM, coolent Temps etc when I drive.. Hope she stays good till I get a turbo next year. The previous owner even helped me with some of the repair costs which is very nice of him. I've taken into consideration everything that was said here and I will be diligently maintaining the car and monitoring the oil all the time for signs of metallic particles etc. Thanks everybody

Edited by Supernyamo