LegacyGT.com

New to the forum just bought my 2010 GT!

Thankfully the 5th gen Legacy is the red headed stepchild of the Subaru world so not as much parts as other models...usually just those for other models that happen to fit. :lol:

Parts bin special. Thankfully it works in our favor.

Just don't start googling JDM Legacys. That will ruin you day knowing how stripped out our cars are comparatively. In this case, ignorance is bliss. :lol:

Parts bin special. Thankfully it works in our favor.

Just don't start googling JDM Legacys. That will ruin you day knowing how stripped out our cars are comparatively. In this case, ignorance is bliss. :lol:

At least you guys have TPMS! JDM/rest of the world, like ours, dont.

Had to buy 2 new fronts after running a tire low on air on the highway. :mad:

These tpms sensors die quickly but not painlessly. Took me 3 trips to discount tire for them to see which sensor was bad, so most of the time my tpms light is on for no reason, as I now have another sensor dying.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

These tpms sensors die quickly but not painlessly. Took me 3 trips to discount tire for them to see which sensor was bad, so most of the time my tpms light is on for no reason, as I now have another sensor dying.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My 2009 OB TPMS are dying, they don't work on cold days. I am starting to think after 10 years the batteries are all going to start to die. I think this is going to be common repair for all 2010 this year. When replacing tires on 5th Gen, one might want to take in consideration of the age of their TPMS when they expect the tires to wear out. (ie a 2011 owner should definitely think about replacing the TPMS if they are replacing their tires, while a 2014 owner will want to think about how long they expect their tires to last.)

My 2009 OB TPMS are dying, they don't work on cold days. I am starting to think after 10 years the batteries are all going to start to die. I think this is going to be common repair for all 2010 this year. When replacing tires on 5th Gen, one might want to take in consideration of the age of their TPMS when they expect the tires to wear out. (ie a 2011 owner should definitely think about replacing the TPMS if they are replacing their tires, while a 2014 owner will want to think about how long they expect their tires to last.)

This of course assumes that you want or are required have a functioning TPMS.

I figured most of the world had those since we did. I think it was a US requirement from 2007 on.

I believe the USA was the only major market requiring them around 07-08? I read my manual cover to cover and checked the cluster warning lights, we have no TPMS anything.

I am looking to retrofit a system as there is less margin for low profile tires and decently quick speeds our cars can make. I caught my tire problem before it caused a total flat, but that single enthusiastic highway trip low on air caused tire damage. Had to get 2 new tires.

i've got something similar to this for my older car. works pretty good. usually within 1-2 PSI on what you see on a pen gauge. might not be the most elegant solution, but it sits on the dash out of the way and works just fine. and it'd be a whole lot easier than trying to hack the ECU and cluster to get it working, if it's even possible.

Its funny y'all are talking about TPMS sensors, I ordered all four and am taking them to my buddys shop tomorrow to have them all replaced, they been annoying me and I figured I'd just do all four rather than just replace one and have to go back. Edited by decoy

i've got something similar to this for my older car. works pretty good. usually within 1-2 PSI on what you see on a pen gauge. might not be the most elegant solution, but it sits on the dash out of the way and works just fine. and it'd be a whole lot easier than trying to hack the ECU and cluster to get it working, if it's even possible.

Thanks for the link! Weird, it didnt seem to show up in the thread but I can see it when I quoted you.

I dont mind a bit of variance, the main thing for me is to get some warning when there is significant loss of air so I can save the tire if possible.

Definitely cheaper than getting OEM sensors and hacking it, which is not an option on my market car anyway.

Its funny y'all are talking about TPMS sensors, I ordered all four and am taking them to my buddys shop tomorrow to have them all replaced, they been annoying me and I figured I'd just do all four rather than just replace one and have to go back.

Yeah buy once cry once, that should be good to go for a couple of years.