LegacyGT.com

Wrecked c6

I remember a thread here about a LGT wheel breaking and people complaining about bad design/build. Here is a similar wreck on a C6.

Discuss....

http://ken.ravingpsycho.com/STUSA/11122005/1%20060.jpg

http://ken.ravingpsycho.com/STUSA/11122005/1%20059.jpg

More pics here:

http://ken.ravingpsycho.com/STUSA/11122005/

59 - 85

Even Car & Driver said it can be a real handful; tail tends to break loose without warning. It will be interesting to see how this story develops....

I recall Audi installing a rear spoiler on the TT after a few incidents on the Autobahn.

Lord knows, you have a lot of "Yahoos" jumping in 'vettes and getting themselves into trouble as it is.

I bet the guy in the black Rex was smoking him, and that caused him to lose it... hehe

Aren't those wheels magnesium? Did the wheel break FIRST and cause him to go off? or did he hit the curb sideways on his way off and subsequently break the wheel? Wish we had a video to reference...

:munch:

Even Car & Driver said it can be a real handful; tail tends to break loose without warning. It will be interesting to see how this story develops....

I recall Audi installing a rear spoiler on the TT after a few incidents on the Autobahn.

Lord knows, you have a lot of "Yahoos" jumping in 'vettes and getting themselves into trouble as it is.

It wasn't just the Wing on the TT, they changed the rear controll arms, too, after MY2000. Luckily when I got mine used, it had the original Control arms and was unspoiled...

Looks like Willow Springs in CA... I'm wondering if the wheel breaking caused the crash, or if it broke after the car went off track. The terrain off track is a little unforgiving in some areas.

Off topic: I hear Nicholas Cage totalled 2 or 3 Ferraris at Willow, guess it's harder to be a driver than to play one...

This was at a track event the driver was taking a corner too fast, lost control and rolled twice.

So much for the track being a safe place to explore the limits of your car :icon_tong

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

wtf are ya smokin dooood? lol. That vette has a motor in it, I want it. motor/engine/long block/ls2 complete w/ pcm harness m6 and rear... whatever.. I want it all except the busted ass body panels.

there.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

No track experience + 400HP = rejected insurance claim. The vette is truly an incredible machine but put in the wrong hands it's just a recipe for disaster. Just wait until someone with a brand new Z06 gets out there, they'll be lucky if it lands within a quarter mile of the track when they lose it. Saw it at the auto show and all I can say is incredible! 505HP...

DSC_0453.JPG.68f0fa79695a4d42ecb41ed30937d8ac.JPG

Guest *Jedimaster*
Well that thing has to go like a bat outta hell.

Remember Jedi the motor is under the bonnet

If the ///motor is under the bonnet, is the trunk ///monkey in the boot? :lol:

Archived