LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

• I Donated
I grew up in shitty hot humid ass summers in CT. I didnt have ac for the first 21 years of my life.

Big ol box fan propped in the window. Maybe some cold washcloths.

Yep. Spent a summer in a sublet in Waltham, MA with the horizontal-sliding windows where you couldn't fit an AC unit. Had fans blasting.

Also, Nils acts like we never have to go outside in the summer. Yard work at home, and at work I have to carry heavy shit between buildings. Heck, today I was loading up a box truck with some old furniture for a friend of my wife's. Although it was "only" 80 degrees (but with 90% humidity).

I'll take dry heat all day long at any temp compared to the same in the humid Midwest or NE.

That said, even here in the PNW, 85+ is too hot unless I have a walk-in cooler to chill in occasionally or I'm on the water.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• I Donated
I'll take dry heat all day long at any temp compared to the same in the humid Midwest or NE.

You say "at any temp"... I mean, I agree dry heat is much more bearable overall, but hot is hot. I've been in AZ when it's 110+ out. You still move too fast or carry too much at your own risk.

You say "at any temp"... I mean, I agree dry heat is much more bearable overall, but hot is hot. I've been in AZ when it's 110+ out. You still move too fast or carry too much at your own risk.
"At any temp" was a generalization of more common heat ranges, not an extreme like 110.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I drove from Denver to El Paso in one day a couple decades ago in early July. Denver was a pleasant 60 degree day. El Paso was 103 at 8pm. I popped out of my air-conditioned car to get gas and just about passed out. The next day, went rock climbing at Hueco Tanks (rip). Spent the rest of the evening sucking down water trying to get hydrated. I have tried to avoid the desert every since.

Going to SLC in June? not my best decision.

• I Donated
Going to SLC in June? not my best decision.

I lived there for a year. July 2005 to July 2006. The first month I was there it was 100+ for a whole week. It was definitely hot, and you had to make sure not to exert yourself too much... but it wasn't THAT bad.

On the way back to MD in 2006, I drove up to Yellowstone, then Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands. I was young and on a budget, so I roughed it for most of the West. Going camping at Mt. Rushmore when it was 90 degrees was not fun.

In other news, it was 95 degrees in NJ today and I was moving furniture... Nils is a pussy :hide:

Having a studio apartment with windows only on one side sucks, especially when the windows faces west and the sun only goes down beyond the horizon after 21:00 (9pm for some of you). No way to get any decent air exchange. Darn sauna heat.
453747.png

I need my bedroom to be in the 60's to sleep well. 50's works too.

Lower 60s at most temperature-wise. 60s-70s music/relaxant-wise. 21-30s ladies-wise…

And interesting how moving air makes hot and cold cooler but by different principles. And how youth is hotter than ©older. Shiver me timbers…

• I Donated
I need my bedroom to be in the 60's to sleep well. 50's works too.

I do 68 in the summer, 64 in the winter.

My father-in-law keeps his house at 72 degrees 24/7/365. Makes for very uncomfortable visits up there. At least in the winter I can open a window in the bedroom.