LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Mother in law is dealing with terminal brain and lung cancer right now. Yesterday her thyroid doc told her she has a few weeks left to live. Spoke with the cancer doc today who said thyroid doctor was looking at the initial MRI before she had any treatment, and she probably has a couple years left. We'll know more of treatment's effectiveness in January. My wife went through hell for the last 24 hours over this shit. I've given her permission to murder the thyroid doc.

To add to it, some lady cashed a bad check, ran from the police and hit my wife's car (and 5 others) while she was sitting at a stop light. Yesterday was rough.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Mother in law is dealing with terminal brain and lung cancer right now. Yesterday her thyroid doc told her she has a few weeks left to live. Spoke with the cancer doc today who said thyroid doctor was looking at the initial MRI before she had any treatment, and she probably has a couple years left. We'll know more of treatment's effectiveness in January. My wife went through hell for the last 24 hours over this shit. I've given her permission to murder the thyroid doc.

To add to it, some lady cashed a bad check, ran from the police and hit my wife's car (and 5 others) while she was sitting at a stop light. Yesterday was rough.

Glad she is ok, sorry you guys had to go through that, I very much know the feeling dealing with doctors and cancer treatments for a family member. At least they're not witchdoctors and that's about the only nice thing I'll say.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

R.I.P. Chuck Yaeger.

It's hard to imagine ol' Chuck doing anything peacefully. See: "Fighter Pilot Personality Disorder." I just hope that he and Bob Hoover are back together now ... trading stories and lies, no doubt. (Hoover was one of the few pilots that Yeager truly respected, and as a fellow test pilot it was Hoover who flew chase on Yeager's first supersonic flight.)

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Sorry man. That's horrible. But good news I guess? I'm very surprised a 'non oncologist' would give a timeline. If I were a thyroid doc, i'd defer that question all day long. And rightfully so.

My wife went from a healthy mom to a deceased mom in about 3.5 weeks a couple years back. That was brutal. My wife was down in florida for about 3 of those weeks, with me and the kid back home, while she dealt with all that with her siblings.

Keep us posted!

Ohhhh, it's Fang Fang :lol: The Chinese spy who slept with two mayors and was cozying up to Eric Swalwell and others

christine-fang-politicians-2.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

Sexpionage, yeah baby! I mean she's not Michelle Yeoh (Bond girl, Tomorrow Never Dies), but she's not bad.

5d372d5709d69.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C789

Mother in law is dealing with terminal brain and lung cancer right now.

Sorry to hear, best wishes to you all.

For whatever it's worth, the father of my best friend was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer about 3 years ago and the oncologist said a few months left. He responded very well to treatment and made it about 2.5 years past the initial diagnosis. And importantly, with pretty good quality of life for the vast majority of that time

Sorry man. That's horrible. But good news I guess? I'm very surprised a 'non oncologist' would give a timeline. If I were a thyroid doc, i'd defer that question all day long. And rightfully so.

My wife went from a healthy mom to a deceased mom in about 3.5 weeks a couple years back. That was brutal. My wife was down in florida for about 3 of those weeks, with me and the kid back home, while she dealt with all that with her siblings.

Keep us posted!

M.D. arrogance still exists and causes, in part, such errors.:spin: Sorry to hear.

Just a PSA on this and then we can go back to dick jokes. Please don't smoke. I quit smoking (2 packs a day) 8 years ago, and I'm a moron. You don't wanna die in your 50s like this.

I used Chantix, and it worked fine, took it for about 2 months, then didn't need it (or cigarettes).

Edited by Dishwasher

Brought to you by Pfizer

Just a PSA on this and then we can go back to dick jokes. Please don't smoke. I quit smoking (2 packs a day) 8 years ago, and I'm a moron. You don't wanna die in your 50s like this.

I used Chantix, and it worked fine, took it for about 2 months, then didn't need it (or cigarettes).

Are you considering a PSA test? https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/psa-test/about/pac-20384731

It's a good idea to take one. I got one for free a while ago and no problems detected.

453747.png

Congrats on staying quit, like a boss.

I put K&Ns on my Kia. I'm not too concerned with warranty issues. Unless some sort of damage can be attributed to the mod(s).

Just a panel filter though... right? That's different than an intake.

And if the repairs are large enough, and the manufacturer gets involved in the warranty claim, they can contribute a bunch of shit to air intakes. not that they would every time, but my luck...