LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Actually it had 185k on the clock, 50k on the rebuilt motor.

On the flight down, I was worried about ending up stranded outside weed or some other podunk town having to walk for miles to get home. Instead it ran well all the way home.

But I fully understand the getting stranded part. Ive had AAA's RV+ policy since my lgt ended its warranty period. 200 miles towing plus hotel room. I have used it more times than I want to admit to.

I'm rebuilding a sedan at the moment because school gives me credit for it in class. I'll use as a commuter until it breaks, then part it out. The rest of them will get parted too. $3000 average resale doesn't make sense to rebuild and sell.

On the flight down, I was worried about ending up stranded outside weed or some other podunk town having to walk for miles to get home. Instead it ran well all the way home.

But I fully understand the getting stranded part. Ive had AAA's RV+ policy since my lgt ended its warranty period. 200 miles towing plus hotel room. I have used it more times than I want to admit to.

I'm rebuilding a sedan at the moment because school gives me credit for it in class. I'll use as a commuter until it breaks, then part it out. The rest of them will get parted too. $3000 average resale doesn't make sense to rebuild and sell.

We have/had that aaa level as well. I think my wife finally gave it up as our cars got newer. It was a nice piece of mind as I only trusted a couple shops with my spec.

Bob Marley, the Prophet

Some a lawful, some a bastard, some a jacket

Oh, what a rat race, yeah!

Rat race!

Some a gorgon-a, some a hooligan-a, some a guine-gog-a

In this 'ere rat race, yeah!

Rat race!

I'm singin' that

When the cat's away

The mice will play

Political violence fill ya city, ye-ah!

Don't involve rasta in your say say

Rasta don't work for no CIA

Rat race

Rat race, rat race yeah!

Rat race, I'm sayin'

When you think is peace and safety

A sudden destruction

Collective security for surety, ye-ah!

Don't forget your history

Know your destiny

In the abundance of water

The fool is thirsty

Rat race

Rat race

Rat race

Rat race!

Oh, it's a disgrace

To see the human race

In a rat race, yeah

Rat race!

You got the horse race

You got the dog race

You got the human-race

But this is a rat race

Rat race!

The question remains, did the CIA order the attempted assassination on Bob Marley? Probably yes.

Who Shot Bob Marley??

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/entertainment/20200510/who-shot-bob-marley

Edited by DickDastardly00

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I miss when forums were active and various car meets were a regular activity. I used to frequent multiple forums that were thriving, and have pretty much nightly car meets. Monday to Thursday were various meet ups around the cities, Friday and Saturday night were cruise nights, sundays were barbeque/grill days at a park.

Since about 2018 it seems like the last vestiges of that life have slipped away, as facebook and gen z kids killed forums then ruined car meets through dipshit behavior bringing enough law enforcement attention that the businesses that hosted us no longer wanted to.

The death of forums is a blow to every enthusiast, as the wealth of knowledge in build threads, how-tos, and shop/mechanic presence was presented in an easily searchable format, accessible to anyone. Go find that on snapchat, I'll wait.

The death of culture came from too many attention seeking tryhards focused more about "clout" and scene points than any love or understanding of a particular type of vehicle. True, diehard enthusiasts are still out there in every age bracket, but the older guys and gals have either moved on or withdrawn to their small circles, and the younger folks are drowned out by the scene kiddies and their rolling monuments of overinflated self-importance.

Glimpses of the glory days are still visible if you know where to look, but rather than an establishment of daily life, it seems like these days they're a sliver of a good memory to be grasped at when you find it, rather than something enduring and repeatable.

Not to mention that on top of it all, for a lot of people life simply moves on. Interests change, lives change, families are created or increased, financial situations are ever in flux, jobs come, go, move people across the country.

Add into this, the ever-approaching death of the internal combustion engine. The automobile as a vessel of freedom will eventually be relegated to an appliance of convenience, ferrying around worker drones to their places of employment. I'd place money on individually driven vehicles being more and more restricted as time goes on. With it, I think automotive culture will lose more and more of its soul, until the flame is eventually all but snuffed out as the passion is restricted to those Jay Lenos and other immensely wealthy patrons of the hobby who will never need worry about restriction.

I see no sunrise on this horizon. I hope I'm wrong.

I could suck start a snow blower.

• I Donated
I miss when forums were active and various car meets were a regular activity. I used to frequent multiple forums that were thriving, and have pretty much nightly car meets. Monday to Thursday were various meet ups around the cities, Friday and Saturday night were cruise nights, sundays were barbeque/grill days at a park.

Since about 2018 it seems like the last vestiges of that life have slipped away, as facebook and gen z kids killed forums then ruined car meets through dipshit behavior bringing enough law enforcement attention that the businesses that hosted us no longer wanted to.

The death of forums is a blow to every enthusiast, as the wealth of knowledge in build threads, how-tos, and shop/mechanic presence was presented in an easily searchable format, accessible to anyone. Go find that on snapchat, I'll wait.

The death of culture came from too many attention seeking tryhards focused more about "clout" and scene points than any love or understanding of a particular type of vehicle. True, diehard enthusiasts are still out there in every age bracket, but the older guys and gals have either moved on or withdrawn to their small circles, and the younger folks are drowned out by the scene kiddies and their rolling monuments of overinflated self-importance.

Glimpses of the glory days are still visible if you know where to look, but rather than an establishment of daily life, it seems like these days they're a sliver of a good memory to be grasped at when you find it, rather than something enduring and repeatable.

Not to mention that on top of it all, for a lot of people life simply moves on. Interests change, lives change, families are created or increased, financial situations are ever in flux, jobs come, go, move people across the country.

Add into this, the ever-approaching death of the internal combustion engine. The automobile as a vessel of freedom will eventually be relegated to an appliance of convenience, ferrying around worker drones to their places of employment. I'd place money on individually driven vehicles being more and more restricted as time goes on. With it, I think automotive culture will lose more and more of its soul, until the flame is eventually all but snuffed out as the passion is restricted to those Jay Lenos and other immensely wealthy patrons of the hobby who will never need worry about restriction.

"Get off my lawn!"

Also, I think you're over-romanticizing the old days of forums. There were plenty of idiot kids on them too, and plenty of them asked "what oil should I use" without searching, just like on the Facebook groups. The same things that occur on Facebook groups now occurred on forums 10 or 15 years ago.

I have also been to some great meets with the local SS folks -- none this year because of COVID, but plenty in 2017-2019. I think it depends on what cars are at the meets. If you just have a WRX meet, or a VW meet, or a Mustang meet, or something, you were always going to get quite a few immature jackasses.

The problem, IMO, is that you're no longer 20 years old and looking for the next meet. We've all grown up and have less patience for the antics of idiots.

Cars and coffee, find the ones early in the morning. Idiots with no jobs don't get up early.

Brought to you by Pfizer

I am new to this site. I wasnt sure where to post a new thread. My daughter has a 1996 subaru Legacy 2.2 wagon. It has stalled a couple of times. When it does this the dash lites up with codes. Several minutes later it restarts and the codes have dissapeared. Im guessing this is a computer problem. Any thoughts?

I am new to this site. I wasnt sure where to post a new thread. My daughter has a 1996 subaru Legacy 2.2 wagon. It has stalled a couple of times. When it does this the dash lites up with codes. Several minutes later it restarts and the codes have dissapeared. Im guessing this is a computer problem. Any thoughts?

Try posting a thread over in this area https://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/second-generation-legacy-1994-1998-95.html

Here's the correct area: https://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/second-generation-legacy-1994-1998-95.html

453747.png

It's so nice to see that after all these years.... console launch price shenanigans really haven't changed. Remember when Launch PS2s were going for a cool $1000 plus on ebay?

Have a look here:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=XBOX+SERIES+X&_sacat=0

You can get yourself a really sweet Xbox Series X for the low, low price of $1299!!

Damn!! That's deal!!

:lol:

The PS5 is only going for $800-$1799!!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l2632&_nkw=ps5&_sacat=139971&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=XBOX+SERIES+X

:rolleyes:

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song