LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Rising above... I know you all were worried as I climbed into my sister-I-don’t-know’s car (‘09 nicely loaded Ford Flex) for my epic sisters road trip... from Phoenix AZ to Spokane WA. I survived! It’s been awesome. I drove the whole way. Being from the Midwest/East- didn’t know 80 MPH speed limits were a thing. Friday we hiked in Sedona. Saturday we hiked to the bottom of Bryce Canyon and back up. (Those who know me personally know that’s a THING). Last night we slept in a tiny cold cabin on the Snake River along the Oregon Trail (Farewell Bend). It’s been an amazing experience. Flying home tomorrow. Need to readjust some things to get life on track to a place I wanna be. And must see my darling nieces more often! 009f18c1b7ca325c7e2fead277a4bc38.jpg

55b932ce6c1d236154db9a9a2183da80.jpg

http://www.obligation.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/group-laughing.jpg

I said I wanted to move to Idaho and they laughed.....those smug bastards. And look now, Idaho is number freaking ONE. :lol:

amiright or amiright?:rolleyes:

https://www.businessinsider.com/state-migration-net-gains-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-8?op=1

Idaho had the largest net gain at 194%, followed by New Mexico at 44%. This means that 194% more people moved into Idaho than left the state since March.

On the other hand, New York and California had the largest net losses, with 64% and 63% more people moving out of the state than moving in respectively

HireAHelper found 15% of 1,350 people surveyed who moved between January and June did so because of the pandemic.

Mofracken Idaho. Bitches.

Edited by DickDastardly00

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

my tenants gave my ring video a lewd gesture today . I think they were trying to tell us to suck it on the rent.

Reading the contract was never their thing. They signed a lease. Sorry you still gotta pay.

Link to story?

Had a great few days camping in the Smokies. Beautiful fall foliage, nicely challenging hikes, and a welcome lack of cell service. That forced disconnection was fantastic.

I had an interesting thought while there....I wonder what the most common cars are in national parks?

Definitely saw a ton of subaru outbacks, but that might have been my own subie trained eyes noticing them more.

http://www.obligation.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/group-laughing.jpg

I said I wanted to move to Idaho and they laughed.....those smug bastards. And look now, Idaho is number freaking ONE. :lol:

amiright or amiright?:rolleyes:

https://www.businessinsider.com/state-migration-net-gains-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-8?op=1

Mofracken Idaho. Bitches.

Buying a house in Boise a few years ago would be a gold mine today

You mean the video? Have to wait a few days and see if I need to save the debut showing for court. Law says tenants have to display reasonable intent to not pay their bills when they move out.

So the tenants moved out, came back to flip off the ring camera?

Buying a house in Boise a few years ago would be a gold mine today

A friend of my wife moved there in 2015 because of a job transfer, she works for a big bank corporate office (WF). The housing market was actually reasonable back then. Now the prices in Boise are up at least 40% if not more. Boise's Job market, while nowhere near what Seattle's is, still is very good, and I wonder how much that will shift in the next few years.

Businesses are moving out of Seattle due to poor leadership, high B&O taxes and compromised safety conditions for staff trying to get to those places for work. Seems like a lot of those business are moving to Bellevue, Pierce County or out of state entirely.

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2020/10/29/us-stocks-mixed-as-second-wave-of-virus-lockdowns-gain-steam

“The US economy rebounded at an unprecedented annual rate of 33.1 percent in the third quarter, the Bureau of Economic Analysis said on Thursday.”

This is exactly what a V-shaped recovery looks like.

Intl market for flights is still virtually non-existent but some gains made since July thanks to a slight increase in domestic travel, but it's still ugly

Global passenger traffic declined by -75.1% in July and -69.4% in August compared to the corresponding months in 2019. The improvement in passenger traffic volumes from the depths of the crisis in the spring were mainly fuelled by the beginning of a recovery in some domestic passenger volumes.

worldpassengertraffictrends-001-1.png

Edited by DickDastardly00

Have a customer that's mad at me/my company because he didn't understand the difference between valve trim and valve body size/process connections. He was asking for 1/4" trim so we quoted and sold said valve - 1/2" threaded valve body with 1/4" orifice trim. And this was all done via email conversation so we have the records of him constantly saying 1/4" trim.

Turns out, he wanted a 1/4" valve body.

It would be like saying you want wheels, ordering said wheels, then getting mad when the company ships you wheels, because you actually wanted tires, but you don't know basic terminology and had asked for wheels.

Edit - for any non valve nerds here - valve trim is the term for internal parts of a valve, totally different from the process connections.

Edited by stm25rs

I should've been a music therapist, I really enjoyed Psychology and combined with my background in music, it would've been a great career path. The effects of Isochronic, Monaural and Binaural beats on the human mind as a form of therapeutic treatment is fascinating to me.

How Binaural Beats Music Works

The science behind binaural beats occurs naturally in the brain. A different sound (tone) frequency is sent to the left and right ears through headphones.

Upon hearing the two different frequencies, the brain interprets one consistent, rhythmic frequency, known as a binaural beat(s).

The resulting frequency, interpreted by the brain, is the mathematical difference between the two frequencies sent to the left and right ears.

The brain then follows along at this frequency and produces brainwaves of the same frequency.

This theory is known as ‘Frequency Following Response' (FFR); a naturally occurring science that happens in the human brain. Entraining the brain through sound isn't just a modern trend. It is something that has been part of human societies for centuries.

:rollseyes:

You picked the right career.

Money-wise, perhaps, I don't know what this profession pays on average. I was speaking more from a desire to help people and how much more rewarding that experience would be.