LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Dick - Maybe you're familiar, Daniel Levitin has some interesting books on music and the brain. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Levitin

I know the name but not as an author, and now I'm very interested in reading his books, thank you for the link.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I know the name but not as an author, and now I'm very interested in reading his books, thank you for the link.

YW. Not to be confused, as I did, with the guy who did the artwork for JPL's albums -

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk02o5Qc42vO7BjpWJSRerowe6wmTZg:1604621323545&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=david+levitan+art&client=firefox-b-1-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiiiPSf0OzsAhWmiOAKHfeLCAAQjJkEegQIChAB&biw=1920&bih=938

Elon Musk believes humans will merge with technology and basically become AGI, walking supercomputers connected to a network with infinite access to information. Want to instantly know the square root of 137,667? Bam, it's there. How about he boiling point of Methanol? Done. Oh you're paralyzed from the waist down, they will be able to cure that too. The Neural Link transmitter could possibly be the device that enables this.

https://www.cnet.com/news/elon-musk-shows-neuralink-brain-implant-working-in-a-pig/

Never been to Boston? Upload a map to your brain and instantly know your way around town. Want to learn Spanish? That's easy too. If the concept sounds similar to the "I know Kung Fu" scene in the Matrix, it's because it is. Yes this is creepy as hell, and the dangers of techonology are always a double-edged sword, but it's also strangely fascinating.

My daycare lady's son works for Dirtfish and is a Subaru ambassador who gets all kinds of unique swag. He gave me two boxes with a buildable, non-brand-Lego Subaru Ascent in each (vehicle color is White) to give to the kids as gifts. He was cleaning out the garage and found them. That was very nice of him.

I should've been a music therapist, I really enjoyed Psychology and combined with my background in music, it would've been a great career path. The effects of Isochronic, Monaural and Binaural beats on the human mind as a form of therapeutic treatment is fascinating to me.

How Binaural Beats Music Works

The science behind binaural beats occurs naturally in the brain. A different sound (tone) frequency is sent to the left and right ears through headphones.

Upon hearing the two different frequencies, the brain interprets one consistent, rhythmic frequency, known as a binaural beat(s).

The resulting frequency, interpreted by the brain, is the mathematical difference between the two frequencies sent to the left and right ears.

The brain then follows along at this frequency and produces brainwaves of the same frequency.

This theory is known as ‘Frequency Following Response' (FFR); a naturally occurring science that happens in the human brain. Entraining the brain through sound isn't just a modern trend. It is something that has been part of human societies for centuries.

I used this technique for years to find a "calm" space for computer work. Add in Sennheiser headphones and an external headphone amplifier. F the open concept crap, I couldn't hear anyone outside my headphones. It made a noticeable difference in work output.

My friend who is a CT scan tech sent me a scan of a guy that had a whole avocado stuck up his butt. The whole damn thing, not just the seed. :spin:

I wonder if he sleeps good at night.

Must have been awkward when you saw that your friend was working the ER that night!

My friend who is a CT scan tech sent me a scan of a guy that had a whole avocado stuck up his butt. The whole damn thing, not just the seed. :spin:

I wonder if he sleeps good at night.

Well, at least it wasn't a live eel :lol:

A 50-year-old ended up in A&E in Hong Kong with suspected peritonitis (inflammation of the bowel), but a radiograph showed the shadow on an eel.

And the abdominal pain was actually the eel biting his colon, reports Medical Daily.

He later admitted that he inserted the 50cm fish to help his constipation.

Well, at least it wasn't a live eel :lol:

A 50-year-old ended up in A&E in Hong Kong with suspected peritonitis (inflammation of the bowel), but a radiograph showed the shadow on an eel.

And the abdominal pain was actually the eel biting his colon, reports Medical Daily.

He later admitted that he inserted the 50cm fish to help his constipation.

In Hong Kong where there's a medical practitioner of every kind on every block, your choice of resolving your medical problems is put a 2 foot live eel up your butt? That's alot of pain working there

Roger Waters, the prophet.

♪We don't need no education

We don't need no thought control♫

Roger Waters said about this song to Mojo magazine in 2009, "The song is meant to be a rebellion against errant government, against people who have power over you, who are wrong. Then it absolutely demanded that you rebel against that."