LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Stock wheels? How's the sound system?

Everything is stock, premium sound system is Infinity. I have a little MP3 player I brought with me for the Testdrive, I have a wide variety of music on there but started the sound test with: She's Gone- B. Marley, which has a nice bass line and let it play from there.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Gnoice. I've been streaming via CarPlay from several sources, which largely sound better than the MP3 files, even though their at 320...the olde spec b sound system blows...powered seat=no sub...

My girl has a Kia Optima SXL (turbo) and when I drive it, it kind of makes me miss my LGT at times.

I've been daily driving the Legacy for months, still amazed by how much attention it gets, all the waves and looks lately, all that for a 15 year old car. I'd say I rediscovered the joy of it, but I never really stopped loving it. I've already put 2000 miles on the ODO this year, I'm up to a whopping 52K miles :lol:

The Sorento is quick for what it is, but nowhere near the LGT, which gets 300 to the wheels

Kia makes some really nice cars these days.

Test drove a Stinger before I bought the GTI. Really liked the Stinger, but it was bigger than I was expecting, plus decided I wanted an actual hatchback, not just the hatch trunk like Stinger has.

• I Donated
It's drives nice with the turbo V6 6spd AT

It's not a turbo, it's NA. Hyundai/Kia's first application for the turbo 3.3L was the 2017 Genesis G80. Pretty sure the Sorento has the old NA 3.3.

plus decided I wanted an actual hatchback, not just the hatch trunk like Stinger has.

The benefit of the "hatch trunk" is it's surprisingly easy to fit shit. I had a few 8' 2x4s and an 8' stair railing, plus three 4' shop lights, in the back yesterday. Lots of people have fit 65" TVs (IIRC 75" is too big).

Kia makes some really nice cars these days.

Test drove a Stinger before I bought the GTI. Really liked the Stinger, but it was bigger than I was expecting, plus decided I wanted an actual hatchback, not just the hatch trunk like Stinger has.

That new large SUV they have looks nice.

---

It's not a turbo, it's NA. Hyundai/Kia's first application for the turbo 3.3L was the 2017 Genesis G80. Pretty sure the Sorento has the old NA 3.3.

The benefit of the "hatch trunk" is it's surprisingly easy to fit shit. I had a few 8' 2x4s and an 8' stair railing, plus three 4' shop lights, in the back yesterday. Lots of people have fit 65" TVs (IIRC 75" is too big).

Looks like its a 3.5 L, its certainly quick. Probably is NA now that I think about it, there's no Lag. It just goes.

3.5-liter V6

276 horsepower @ 6,300 rpm

248 lb-ft of torque @ 5,000 rpm

EPA city/highway fuel economy: 20/26 mpg (FWD), 18/24 mpg (AWD)

Yeah, the 3.3TT has almost 100 more of both HP and torque. ;) It's decently powerful.

2016 was the first year of the turbo v6 in the Sorento according to edmunds, it isn't any faster though, identical 0-60 times. Ironically the 19 on up is actually slower, its probably heavier.

2016:

A 3.3-liter V6 engine is mandatory on the SX and available on the EX and SX Limited. It produces 290 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque. In Edmunds testing, an all-wheel-drive SX hit 60 mph in 7.6

• I Donated
2016 was the first year of the turbo v6 in the Sorento according to edmunds, it isn't any faster though, identical 0-60 times. Ironically the 19 on up is actually slower, its probably heavier.

2016:

A 3.3-liter V6 engine is mandatory on the SX and available on the EX and SX Limited. It produces 290 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque. In Edmunds testing, an all-wheel-drive SX hit 60 mph in 7.6

That's not turbo. The 3.3TT has 365 hp.

That's not turbo. The 3.3TT has 365 hp.

https://www.edmunds.com/kia/sorento/2016/st-200724200/review/

According to Edmunds there was a 2.0l turbo available, read on, it's a bit confusing because the SX and SX limited apparently have both engine options. Other than slightly better fuel economy, it seem like the V6 is the better option. I didn't realize it was 2.0l Turbocharged Four cylinder not a six and had to look it up.

The EX and SX Limited are available with a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that produces 240 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque. In Edmunds testing, an all-wheel-drive SX Limited with the turbo engine loped to 60 mph in 8.7 seconds, a leisurely performance given those healthy output numbers. EPA-estimated fuel economy is 23 mpg combined (20/27) with front-wheel drive and 22 mpg combined (19/25) with all-wheel drive. Towing capacity is 3,500 pounds.

A 3.3-liter V6 engine is mandatory on the SX and available on the EX and SX Limited. It produces 290 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque. In Edmunds testing, an all-wheel-drive SX hit 60 mph in 7.6 seconds, an adequate showing for a V6-powered crossover in this class. The EPA estimates fuel economy at 21 mpg combined (18/26) with front-wheel drive and 19 mpg combined (17/23) with all-wheel drive. Towing capacity is 3,500 pounds with front-wheel drive and 5,000 pounds with all-wheel drive.

Notably, a turbocharged SX Limited achieved 23.6 mpg on our standardized 120-mile driving loop, while the V6-motivated SX returned 23.3 mpg. These results suggest that the turbo engine's real-world advantage in fuel economy may be even smaller than the EPA estimates indicate.

fulton says his Stinger is "OK." I agree, mine is at least OK...

And kinslow is so happy with the way this thread has gone...

I was kidding about you all making your own thread.

Wasn't kidding about Kias being crap.

We all have different standards though. ;)

My wife definitely thinks that I have a food allergy, becoming Lactose Intolerant, or have IBS. I've been queasy for a week and a half. It's always about an hour after I eat, have bloating in the stomach area for several hours crap, anywhere from 5-7 times a day, put BBV to shame. I ate one Pepto last night and that helped a lot.

Crap too much for that. I doubt it's Lactose Intolerant, IBS possibly, that one makes more sense. I'm cutting a bunch of crap out of my diet and will add them back in slowly to see if I can determine anything.

Otherwise I feel pretty great, working out again, body is about 95% healed from the accident, lower back feel way better now, stronger too.