LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Why does corn come out he same way it went in? Is it because you didn't grind up all the cornels? :spin:

The kernels are contained within cellulose, which is indigestible by humans.

Ruminants have multiple stomachs as well as other bacteria in the gut microbiome to break down cellulose. Or something...

Lol. True. I forget people have city water. I've always had a well. Need electricity for that

Even the city needs electricity for the water. Just hope that the backup power don't run out or there will be problems.

453747.png

Eastern Indian music had a big impact on his compositional style ...

I recently read an article in which Glass was quoted as saying that he learned more about composition from Moondog (a celebrated New York street musician ... Louis Hardin a.k.a. "The Viking of Sixth Avenue") than he did during his time at Juilliard. If you're familiar with Moondog's music, you can easily infer a connection to Glass.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMtxMZseAGA]Moondog: Log In B - YouTube[/ame]

See also:https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/12/16/how-moondog-captured-the-sounds-of-new-york

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I love electric piano, B3, and maybe a little clav. Ever listen to Niacin?

Dennis Chambers, Billy Sheehan, and John Novello - hellz yeah!

Everyone of them except Niacin, I'll check them out.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I'm excited to have a seafood feed tomorrow with my friends, I'm making cioppino seafood and crab. Yummmmm!!

Sounds like a good way to spend a day. I spent the weekend test driving cars and getting a deal done, Dealership was in Bellevue so about an hour away.

Sounds like a good way to spend a day. I spent the weekend test driving cars and getting a deal done, Dealership was in Bellevue so about an hour away.

Finally replaced the Tribeca that was totaled in February. I bought a 2013 Kia Sorrento SX W/ 67K miles on it. It's drives nice with the turbo V6 6spd AT, I like it. Nice options, comes well equipped. I liked it better than the 2012 Rav4, 2015 CX-5, Forester, and others that I test drove. The only vehicle that drove better (and it wasn't by much) was the Infinity EX-35, but the interior was too cramped.

Funny part was I drove the Legacy up there, all washed and a fresh wax, Several of the younger sales guys immediately asked me about it, what mods were done. Pretty sure they were hoping it was a Trade-in, but that wasn't going to happen.