LegacyGT.com

First motor build..where to start?

So the other day, I pulled the trigger and bought an 06 FXT. I’ve wanted one for ages. I picked it up with a bad cam seal, and a bunch of CEL codes. (P0137, P2432, P1410, P0137 P, P2431 P, P2432 P, P1410 P Is what the scanner read.) Other than that, car's mint. I plan on dropping in an IAG stg2 shortblock No matter what future plans I make.

So I was hoping to get some insight as to where to start with this. I'm most likely going to have to replace the heads as well. Should I look for refurbished OEM heads? I'm hoping that way down the line, I'll be making around 400whp. That's Endgame tho.

As of right now, I want to get the motor healthy and happy before I start laying on the power. Anything I should take into consideration before starting this process? Thanks in advance!

You know I am not sure why people go straight for IAG blocks. I mean if you plan on making BIG power yes, but what I see people do is talk then when they see the cost they end up with AP, UP, DP, Cat back, and tune and that is it for like yearss.

Thats great if thats the funds you have. but coming from a person that is getting theri car put together right now, I culd have went the IAG this and that, but the 257 block or RA block is a great platform ad I thing if you got 320 WHP you would be very happy.

I just see so man people get IAG block and then see the car for sale 6 months to a year later :lol::lol:and they want gold for them. My 09 WRX was non E85 and I thought that thing was stupid the way it ran. Just a thought.

If your pockets are healthy go for it. Heads up, Its going to cost you and make sure to have a good daily.:lol::lol: