LegacyGT.com

Car Ramps for DIY Work

I have a set of Rhino Ramps, which I've been pretty happy with. If you're at stock ride height, they're fine, but if you're lowered, you may have to get creative. I'm lowered 1" from stock, and they clear my front bumper by maybe 1/4" on my summer tires (around 3/8" taller than stock), but I don't clear when I'm on my stock-height snow tires. I didn't have any issues clearing them at stock height on stock-size tires, though.

I have a set of Rhino Ramps, which I've been pretty happy with. If you're at stock ride height, they're fine, but if you're lowered, you may have to get creative. I'm lowered 1" from stock, and they clear my front bumper by maybe 1/4" on my summer tires (around 3/8" taller than stock), but I don't clear when I'm on my stock-height snow tires. I didn't have any issues clearing them at stock height on stock-size tires, though.

I have Rhino Ramps too, for my lowered cars I use a couple 2x6s on the ground in front of the ramps to help the bumper clear the ramp.

or you can get a hf hydraulic jack and 4 jack stands. match the lift to the stand height. Then you'll have plenty of room for working under the car. With coupons, you can get it all for $100

alternatively there's https://www.quickjack.com/ , which an order of magnitude more money. Several members here use them happily.

If you have space and height, getting an actual car lift is the best way. Bendpak, chalkenger, rotary, etc. Expect to pay 2000-8000 depending on brand options etc. Unless you have the tools, pay for the install. You'll need 3.5inches or more of high quality concrete for mounting.

I gave up on ramps after buying jack stands. Life is so much simpler than trying to get the car on the ramps and then trying to work in a limited space. You can put the jack under the B pillar and do one side of the car at a time.

I use an old set of fabricated metal ramps (Got them from a local NASIOC member $20) they get the car 10" off the ground. They work easiest on the rear but with a 2x6 on the ground in front of the ramp they work on the front as well....ample for my needs at this point.....and I have a friend who has a full hydraulic hoist in his 2 car garage that I can access as needed. Edited by Scooby Fan

• 2 weeks later...
I use a couple of 2x6 pieces stacked, anything requiring more lift I use my floor jack and jackstands.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Always worked for me. I don't trust the metal wheel ramps. Seen more then a few times someone tap the gas a little too hard and drive off edge or almost drive off where ramp was lifting.