LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

Been a bit over 24 hours since my 2nd dose of pfizer. No major side effects.

Felt a bit dehydrated/dry mouth last night even though I was chugging water. Arm was pretty sore over night, so didn't sleep too well. Very minor headache this morning.

Edited by stm25rs

Which one did you get? I have heard from people that got the Moderna with no side effects. The Pfizer one seems to give more side effects.

CDC data shows the Moderna as having a higher incidence of side effects, with both showing a lower incidence on the first and a higher on the booster dose - here's the data there for Pfizer:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/pfizer/reactogenicity.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fvaccines%2Fcovid-19%2Finfo-by-manufacturer%2Fpfizer%2Freactogenicity.html

Moderna:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/moderna/reactogenicity.html

J&J:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/janssen/reactogenicity.html

Got my booster dose on Friday morning (Moderna) - first dose was not bad (injection site pain, muscle fatigue for a few days) - booster dose was worse (was not in a happy place on day 2 - injection site pain, fever, muscle aches/pain, etc. - very little sleep... day 3 is less bad - still very little sleep, less severe aches/pain, fever is pretty much gone...

Only pussies get side effects

Well - the side effects are your immune system doing it's job in response to the injection - with a really effective vaccine like the mRNA vaccines, I think it's like telling your immune system - holy crap, it's time to go to war! I get regular sick very, very rarely - been sort of wondering if the strength of the response has more to do with the aggressiveness with which your immune system responds...

though maybe you are onto something with the placebos...

Edit - On a more serious note - looking at the data, systemic reactions show up in around 80% of the folks for Moderna, perhaps less than that for Pfizer (data isn't broken down the same way, so can't tell), and around 60% for J&J

Edited by DrD123

I got mild symptoms but did loose my sense of smell when I got Covid. I am curious to see how the vaccine affects me when I get it in two months.

Hopefully I het the 5Ge chip and the advanced GPS navigation feature as well as a free OneDrive lifetime subscription! :spin:

---

Seems like in Europe different countries start to buy a Russian one. This virus is very nasty, thank God I didn't have it so far by neighbor next to my house in Larnaca got sick with it and he was taken to the hospital because it was hard to breath for him. And he is 35 years old only.

Had me some in January. Got first Pfizer yesterday. Have heard anecdotally that the second dose is where people feel more side effects but that if you had a case the first dose is more like the second to your immune system. Sore injection sight, some body aches and an amplified tinnitus which has lingered since infection seem like the worst of it. Slept like crap as well, but that due more to a teething infant and wifey having panic attacks about the potential of ‘long covid’ due to her general un-wellness two months later. Pregnant in a pandemic is no f’n fun for anyone involved. New baby in a pandemic is life-affirming and horrendous all at once bc of isolation related social and support issues. Helluva time to to have our first child.

Pfizer shot one down... Let's see if there are any side effects for me. So far(3 hrs later) notin

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

You got the placebo bro. :hide:

---

Pfizer shot one down... Let's see if there are any side effects for me. So far(3 hrs later) notin

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Just got first dose of Pfizer today as well. So far just have a sore arm, not much else.

The 1st dose of the Pfizer vax was not bad for me as well. Be prepared for some symptoms after the 2nd shot.

The 2 shot vaccine will cause side effects after the 2nd dose, and put you down for 1 - 2 days. The Johnson & Johnson is a 1 dose and it will make you mostly sleepy all day, less side effects.
My wife's balls are delicious.

The 2 shot vaccine will cause side effects after the 2nd dose, and put you down for 1 - 2 days. The Johnson & Johnson is a 1 dose and it will make you mostly sleepy all day, less side effects.

Can you give us your research paper. KTHXBYE

---

The Johnson & Johnson is a 1 dose and it will make you mostly sleepy all day, less side effects.
The advantages of the J&J is that it's one shot and doesn't require the refrigeration the mRNA ones do (so really seemed like a great option for remote areas like the reservations around here where there are folks that just aren't going to come into town to get vaccinated - makes it way easier to get it to them. The disadvantage is the lower efficacy and some odd side effects (see Denver earlier this week) and they've been having QC issues with their subs that are making it for them - has led to whole lots of vaccine getting tossed...

For prevalence of side effects, I'll defer to the data on the CDC site.

4 STATES

Some states pause Johnson & Johnson Covid vaccinations after adverse reactions

https://news.yahoo.com/states-pause-johnson-johnson-covid-225150689.html

72% EFFECTIVE

How effective is the Johnson & Johnson vaccine? Here's what to know

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/how-effective-johnson-johnson-vaccine-what-know-n1259652

The decision to make it mandatory is a tough one - many employers are dealing with it, not just the military. I know the lab I am at was initially going to make it mandatory, then backed off - once everyone is reasonably able to have been vaccinated, they will make weekly COVID tests mandatory, from what we have been told. I firmly believe everyone should be able to decide for themselves, as long as necessary precautions are taken. (though hopefully enough people will vaccinate that we are able to get past this!)