LegacyGT.com

Sedan mudguards

jim1969

Hmm well curious then how they offer mudguards to the UK, JP, NZ & AUS as Im sure they have the same or similar ride height specs. Unless JJM is going to make a hero of himself and request that all USDM models have the mudflap option???

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Opie, I have sent you a PM, send me your details by email and I will send you back the information required. Is there anyone else that would also like a price on this or other non accessible items in the US or anywhere else, please let me know. Adam.

A guy I know who has a 05 Legacy Wagon bought a set of the Outback mud flaps and fitted them on his wagon with only a minor trim. The holes lined up perfectly from what he said. I'll wait to make the call until I see what it looks like...but that sounds like a decent US solution for the time being.

• 1 month later...
I could really use a factory set of splash guards for my '05 GT Ltd Sedan. I wish someone knew if any of [url=http://www.subarupartsmall.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=splash+guards&x=52&y=10&categories_id=&inc_subcat=1&manufacturers_id=&pfrom=&pto=&dfrom=&dto=][b]THESE[/b][/url] would fit properly. Anyone? I really don't believe there is a clearance issue. Not for a second.

• 2 months later...
Hi all! We're working on a mudflap (different option than the mudguards). They'll complement the body enough that you can leave them on year'round, or just for the winter. We now have a Legacy GT sedan (white, 5mt) in the stable. This week we'll have the prototypes done for the car, with a shape that complements the LGT a little more than the WRX flap would (we expect to move the squared corner upwards to fit the line of the LGT a bit better).. For the sake of comparison, here's a shot of the flap on the WRX. They are proper urethane, with genuine Subaru attachment hardware. Again, this is a photo on the WRX, working on the LGT now: [img]http://www.rallyperformance.com/Frontmudflap.jpg[/img] Another pic: (car is a bit dirty, I know... we experimented with shapes to find one that worked well but also looked good...) [img]http://www.rallyperformance.com/Frontmudflap2.jpg[/img] Price on these should stay at 90 bucks for a set, if the material costs stay the same. We'll post pics on the Legacy as they are completed. Watch our site for a Legacy-specific page; we're dropping the Mitsubishi to focus fully on Legacy development! Regards, Ken Cole Rally Performance [url="http://www.rallyperformance.com/"]www.rallyperformance.com[/url]

the one "King of Imports" is calling the sport style mudguard looks nice as a styling highlight that I would like. Ive seen JDM models with these and like them. Dont know if they do much to block mud but with the lip spoiler I like. I heard someone call them "spats"

I'm probobly going to make something up for the winter... my body gets FILTHY in about 10 secs. of driving even when there isn't snow on the ground... But I'd prefer stock ones... AGCTR... Are they available in Australia for the i wagon? If they're not ludicrously priced I'll buy a set from you. The Outback bumper and i bumper are different so I'm sure they'll bolt up but they won't mold to the body properly... I was told by my parts department that they were in development for my car and should be out in 4-6 mo.. I NEED something but those king of import ones are just too expensive to justify for myself... KINGOFIMPORTS...Are they available un-painted for cheaper? and if so what are they made of? ABS I hope? either way pm me or post a price for unpainted ones... Also it says they're out of stock... when will they be back in stock? Mudguards rock... I don't get why non of you guys like them.

[quote name='NonovUrbizniz']I'm probobly going to make something up for the winter... my body gets FILTHY in about 10 secs. of driving even when there isn't snow on the ground... Mudguards rock... I don't get why non of you guys like them.[/QUOTE] Because, IMHO, they are ugly on ANY car, and still don't work well, as the area beyond the guard will still get pelted. My previous cars have had lower body cladding, and I would just get the lower cladding repainted every few years. Same with the front bumper. After getting pelted over a number of years, they will need to be repainted also. And don't suggest a bra....they cause as many problems as they attempt to solve.
Ron

I wouldn't suggest a bra... I think they finish of the look of LOTS of cars. My civic would look silly w/o mudguards IMO... The only part of my civic w 200k mi on it that needs to be repainted is the front clip... everything behind the hood and front bumper is perfect. It's all a matter of opinion... I like them... as long as they're stock and molded well to the cars body.

When we bought my wife's red Del Sol (new) back in '95, the car they got came with the factory mudguards installed. Neither of us cared for them much, but they were integrated very well in to car, plus they matched the black trim around the fenderwells, so they are not very noticeable. Nonetheless, all they do is save the first few inches behind them from getting sprayed. We must drive a stretch of dirt road to get into our sub, and the car still gets a lot of crud down there. After 10 years and (only) 41K miles, the paint on the lower panels is still in good shape (where it gets hit with crud)
Ron

G'Day everyone. I will have prices and shipping cost for SUBARU GENUINE PARTS mid Jan. I apologise for the delays in obtaining this information but at this time of the year everything is so hectic. Anyone that has not sent me an email requesting further information on this product, please send me a PM. Please also note that these mudguards will fit both Sedan and Wagon combinations and come in BLACK only. Speak to you all soon. Adam.

Archived