LegacyGT.com

Clutch Questions

I have been considering a spec clutch for a little while now, but I recently have seen that Mcleod makes a clutch that claims to be able to support 100% more power than stock. Has anyone heard any good things about Mcleod on Subarus, I have heard good things about them in the muscle car world, but the price of 365 dollars makes me skeptical. Also, it says that it fits the outback xt, but the Act flywheel im using says to use a wrx clutch, shouldn't it be the same?

McLeod Street Supreme Clutch Kits 763011

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mcl-763011/applications/year/2005/make/subaru/model/outback

I have also been wondering. I watched as the shop Foreman at McLeod built my Clutch Pressure Plate while I watched back in 1978 for my 1970 Duster 340.

That was a great clutch.

My Spec B is close to needing a stronger clutch.

I would suggest you call McLeod and talk with someone.

I can say I'm very happy with the Spec 2+ clutch I have in the wagon, this is my second 2+. I see on Spec Clutches listing there is a option for a low speed driveability kit. I will check that out if I need another 2+. The current clutch has been in there since 215,000 miles.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here