LegacyGT.com

07 spec b

Im looking to buy my first Subaru. I have my eyes on 2007 spec b. Yes. It has 166k on it but you don’t get the opportunity to own one often. I plan to daily it and would like to have 350-400 hp. And be LIABLE as well. I’d love to hear advice on how to achieve that and be cost affective as possible. Don’t be scared to be cut dry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most would tell you to have a compression test done before you buy the car.

Is the car from this Forum, a member on here ?

Is there a history of the owner on this forum?

For a reliable DD a vf52, 3" downpipe, cobb AP and a great custom tune. You could do a fuel pump and injectors but my wagon is lot's of fun in the stock injectors.

You'll need a good clutch to handle the power the vf52 will make.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

What Max said and also grab a short block. Buy the way I did what max said on my build plus added injectors, rails, pump, and amore and more, clutch/ w fly, and more and more. I talked to the tuner and we will have to dial it back lol :lol:

Mine will be a daily/ slash sit in the garage car. I will be taking it to meets, shows (Not to enter, but to have a tuner car with me to attend. I felt like a sap driving my 2010 Taurus to subie stuff lol) events, fun night runs and other things.

Do not buy this car if your not ready to put some time and money into it.

Thanks to all who have responded in my purchasing experience. I have updated! The guy who was selling the “spb spec b” was a completely sketch ball and not worth me driving 3 hrs away for. So I found a local 05 legacy gt limited with 97 k miles on it and in need of a dd due to my previous car tapping out 275k [emoji28]. My questions now are what’s some good maintenance do with its age and miles?!

In my purchasing journey I also encountered a spec b or at least it seemed so...[emoji848]. What was on the lot that the local dealer just got in is a 06 spec b. With a center piece plaque 30/500. Had the navigation. Black leather interior overall in rough condition. 160k miles on it. The door handles rattled. Appeared to have warped rear fender. Also had a rub in the rear when we went over bumps or fell in potholes( Baltimore)

And only a 5 speed transmission. Wasn’t plated spec b on the rear neither...[emoji848]

In result I purchased my 05 legacy gt!

Although in the back of my head I think I could have owned a spec b[emoji23]?¿

From the looks of it on how much money are going to be invested in the project I should have thought twice on it! That’s if it was real.

06 spec.B had the 5MT, the numbered plaque on the shifter trim, and no badge on the back of the car. That said, it came with a red leather interior. If it was black, it was either replaced, or it wasn't actually a spec.B (maybe just had the shifter trim replaced with one from an '06 spec.B?). In general, the '07-'09 spec.B is the only one worth getting since it's got the 6MT (IMO, that's the only important part of the spec.B).

In any case, it looks like #30 as in NY as far as the forum is concerned: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/official-2006-spec-b-registry-94937.html