LegacyGT.com

Starting issue need help please🙏🏽

I was gonna run errands today and got in car tried to start it but no crank at all, I checked battery voltage and it’s 10.3V(original battery still)so got my other car and jump start it,it started right up but shuts off after a few seconds, then tried to jump start it again but it would not crank at all while jump starting it..I will buy a new battery first thing in the morning,but it’s odd it won’t even crank during jump starting it?can someone please give an idea what else can I check,thanks

it started right up but shuts off after a few seconds,

Did it shut off as soon as you removed the jump start battery?

A few things to check.

With a voltmeter connected to your battery what voltage do you now read under the following conditions?

(1). Without trying to start the car. (2). When trying to start the car. (3). With the jump start battery connected without trying to start the car. (4). With the jump start battery connected & trying to start the car.

Are all your battery +ve & -ve cables making adequate (clean & low resistance) connection to your battery?

It could be a high resistance intercell connector inside the battery going open circuit under load.

Did it shut off as soon as you removed the jump start battery?

A few things to check.

With a voltmeter connected to your battery what voltage do you now read under the following conditions?

(1). Without trying to start the car. (2). When trying to start the car. (3). With the jump start battery connected without trying to start the car. (4). With the jump start battery connected & trying to start the car.

Are all your battery +ve & -ve cables making adequate (clean & low resistance) connection to your battery?

It could be a high resistance intercell connector inside the battery going open circuit under load.

It shut off while the jumper cables was still on and after that it would not crank at all even when I tried jumping it again,

Battery cables are tight and clean.

I will be picking up new battery this morning,since my stock battery needs to be replaced anyways.

UPDATE:took stock battery to AUTOZONE had them charge it,well it wasn’t holding charge anymore,so bought me optima battery,hook it up and car started right up and let it idle for 15min then turned car off a few min then re started it but car shuts down again the turned key and no crank.So I was thinking could be my remote start causing it to shutdown so I decided to rip off my remote starter and bam car is all good again no shutting down..I guess remote starter crap out too:/

UPDATE:took stock battery to AUTOZONE had them charge it,well it wasn’t holding charge anymore,so bought me optima battery,hook it up and car started right up and let it idle for 15min then turned car off a few min then re started it but car shuts down again the turned key and no crank.So I was thinking could be my remote start causing it to shutdown so I decided to rip off my remote starter and bam car is all good again no shutting down..I guess remote starter crap out too:/

Wow! Good to know. would never have thought to look at the remote start, had this happened to me.

Did you have the Subaru one or an aftermarket?

Wow! Good to know. would never have thought to look at the remote start, had this happened to me.

Did you have the Subaru one or an aftermarket?

I had the Fortin Evo-one remote starter.

I’ll probably try Viper remote starter next time.

I must have fried the remote start module when I jump started the car.