LegacyGT.com

FYI: was repeatedly told that there is a new "pending recall" for my Legacy...

I figured the folks that would have been done with the early parts would be in Zone A (Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands.) which would have been the first ones done - basically addressing the highest risk folks immediately with what they had on hand, then rolling out the other zones.

I don't think I even had my letter back that far - I seem to remember it being early in 2019 - maybe March? - when I got mine

I figured the folks that would have been done with the early parts would be in Zone A (Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands.) which would have been the first ones done - basically addressing the highest risk folks immediately with what they had on hand, then rolling out the other zones.

I don't think I even had my letter back that far - I seem to remember it being early in 2019 - maybe March? - when I got mine

My car was CA so it have been in Zone A, I received the letter shortly after I purchased it in 2017. I actually thought I waited a while to do it.

My car was CA so it have been in Zone A, I received the letter shortly after I purchased it in 2017. I actually thought I waited a while to do it.

That makes sense, then! On the plus side, the dealers have had lots of time to get better at the repair by now...

Zone A folks were notified much earlier than the others - obviously hitting the higher risk vehicles first, and leaving others (like NM, where it's hot but really dry) where an issue was less likely until later.

Here is what Subaru put up on their website about the whole Takata airbag recall:

https://www.subaru.com/vehicle-recalls/airbags.html

If you need to check if your car is affected then simply use your VIN.

Went to the site, plugged in my VIN, and the recall came up as “pending phased mailing” and then there is a recommendation to go to MySubaru which says there are no open recalls and everything is fine.

Love, it’s what makes something something...