LegacyGT.com

oil filter cap

i am looking for a cap to substite an oil filter at the bottom of the engine.

Web search begets a cap fits onto the filter itself, but I am looking for one to fit onto the engine block southside; or if there is a low-profie oil filter.

omg thanks

Edited by darthqwo

Sounds like you have a external oil filter set up ?

Or why would you need to remove the oil filter and plug the holes ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

i have another thread entitled turboing 2.5i but got no replies cause i bashed lgt owners.

Correct; that would be the oil return hole; it needs an actual filter or pseudo filter; i am plumbing the oil feed through a sandwich plate, but a filter wouldn't fit with the regular wrx manifold.

so i don't think i need to do this anymore, but i was thinking of deleting the oil filter. the turbo is the 2015 wrx turbo, but the fourth gen wrx does not have an oil filter in the south. I actually have a bigger issue than this, that being a the 6.5 inch ej25 oil pan the fa20dit manifold won't fit over without extensions. also, if anyone wants to know i am planning to put in a 4.5" aluminum oil pan with a tomei baffle

Nonetheless, I will need extensions at the flange that I will have to weld pipes to or just stack flanges; i just don't want 3-inch extensions at the flange

Edited by darthqwo

Is there a reason you can't use the exhaust manifold from a 2010-2012 Legacy GT ? that would mount the turbo down low up front.

Same basic 2.5 shortblock ...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

wow i didn't realise fifth gen lgt has the same manifold as the 2015 wrx. i did look, though, at the fifth gen legacy oil pan, but ti is different with less screw holes than the regular ej25 pans;

do you know how to make it fit on the regular ej25 motor? omg thanks!

I have no idea, if it will fit, I was just asking if you had checked it ?

You may have other clearance issues if there's a big difference in the 5th gen chassis in that area.

so i looked into it, and it is a fascinating note, tolland--omg thanks; this adapts the oil pan for the new fa20 manifold to the ej25 short block; it is like one of those intermediary dinosaurs that go extinct between the main dinosaurs.

So it is a two-piece oil pan and on ebay you only see the lower part of the pan, which you'd think is the whole pan; but it is not!

i just need to check the oil pickup flange mounts the same way, but with this it sure saves a lot of money compared to the other idea

the turbo manifold for the 2010-2012 legacies has a different mounting bolt pattern to the turbo than the fa20 manifolds but has otherwise mostly the same shape; i figure this is good to note. (the nonturbos for those model years use the regular exhaust manifold but they all have the same oil pan; so this pan is in no short supply)

so i would just get the baffle plate from that model year too, and all seems it should slap on. i was in agony over fitment for several days; but this solves those issues for my project.

this is my first turbo, and i love you omg