LegacyGT.com

Turbo blanket and stock heat shield

I'm guessing that means he manually gutted the dp. With stock everything, I'd suggest doing this method which is what I intend to do as well.

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2298336

Meh, Spend the extra 40 bucks more and just put on a PTP blanket or something similar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea but when it's a stock build dd, you could spend that extra $40 on replacing old hoses or the svx harness for the radio haha. I'm a bang for the buck guy. I figure the only reason to put that on a stock build dd is because in the summer it hits 100 deg and sometimes you drive it kinda spirited.

I thought about putting reflective tape on the back of my stock heat shield but decided it wasn't worth it. It's also cold right now so I get no heat soak issues. I can't imagine a full blanket is really that much better than the budget method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bro said it’s a pointless mod for street driving.

Yea likely. Unless you live somewhere it gets really hot you won't have any issues and even then those issues are only at stop lights. From what I've read of course, you're probably better putting that money elsewhere. Like maf cleaner.

Yes, some of us even stack it three deep, with a turbo blanket, stock heat shield, then aftermarket (SPT/Grimmspeed) heat shield on top. Not sure how much good it'll do on a stock turbo, but it isn't terribly hard to do, just need to be patient with it.

I spoke with the guys at socal porting re a new turbo etc... the other day and they advised only one level of heat retention. ie blanket, no shield or shield no blanket etc. They said multiple heat retention devices are harmful to the turbo. I don't have any actual experience here but, I'm guessing they have pulled apart enough to speak about this?