LegacyGT.com

New Build - No fuel

My buddy and I just put the final touches on my build, got the engine primed and made sure nothing is leaking.

But now the fuel system will not prime. When we key on we can hear the pump, or something in the pump area, make some noise for a few seconds. Hooked up a hose to the fuel feed line in the engine bay and we can get a couple drops of fuel every now and then, but it is virtually nothing.

I wanted to ask here before I go any further just in case anyone has any ideas.

I am 99.9% certain that I put the O ring on the pump when I replaced it with the AEM 50-1215. I had read about people having that issue before I did mine so I don't think I missed it. It seemed like a very straightforward install.

Everything we looked into pointed to either the pump itself, an issue with the pump install, or the tune. I am almost positive it is not the tune so I am planning to pull the pump and check my install as my next step.

Like I said just seeing if anyone had any other ideas for me to check out.

I have heard mention of a spacer next to the O-ring. I don't think the old one had a spacer and the new one I dont think came with a spacer.

Thoughts?

Still on stock 05 FPR? If not and you went to a blocking type, are you sure it's installed on the right line and not backwards?

Aeromotive FPR.

But the issue has to be before the FPR. If we hook up a tube to the feed line under the hood and key on, shouldn't it dump out fuel? Or is the return line being hooked to the FPR doing something I am not aware of?

EDIT: A1000 Gen 2 FPR. I used the two side ports for the lines from the rails to the FPR and used the bottom port for the return line.

Per IAG:

https://www.iagperformance.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/instructions/IAG/FUEL-RAILS/IAG-Fuel-Rails-with-6-Aftermarket-FPR-Diagram.pdf

Edited by SageAbkatsor

Hmmmm... It has been too long since I did it to recall exactly if that got moved over. I guess I am pulling my pump.

But you are saying two O rings should be above the spacer. I am pretty confident there was only 1 o-ring on my stock set up

EDIT: I do remember seeing that spacer though, so I am pretty sure it got moved over, but I definitely did not use two O rings.

Edited by SageAbkatsor

Double check the power supply wiring is the right way around too. Mine ran backwards with the wiring kit I got so had to pull the pins and swap them over. Sounded almost exactly the same but never primed.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

• 5 months later...

Not trying to revive a dead thread, but I thought I should post a resolution to my problem in case someone finds this in the future. I took everything apart at about -6 degrees F in February. Was terrible, but it was worth it because I got the car started.

I took the pump assembly out and immediately found one of the plastic clips that hold one of the hoses tight to the body of the filter with an o-ring was not fully seated. Uncertain whether or not that might have been something that came undone while I was removing the assembly I proceeded to dissemble things further, to check my work. I verified everything else was correct. The plastic spacer really only fits one way. I only used one O-ring because... well that just makes more sense to me.

Everything worked perfectly from there.

Nice, thanks for posting resolution. Word of warning - one o-ring worked for me until one day 6 months down the road it didn't and I noticed the car pulling into the 12.X AFR range at WOT. Blew the o-ring straight up the snout of the pump and it developed a partial leak. Stacked 3 o-rings after that and haven't had an issue since. Just sayin' keep an eye on the AFR.