LegacyGT.com

Answers: 2005 vs 2006 Legacy GT Differences

Im too lazy to read this long thread but i did search earlier, on my car the Legacy logo on the dash is not lit, but I can see it is there, is this just a bulb that is out or a setting or anything else, any information is appreciated

Are you talking about the "Legacy" on the tach? That should be lit. If you have an '05 its White. On the '06 I believe it is red (Either the Subaru website still only shows the '05 interior, or I am wrong on this one..about the color of the "Legacy" that is). It should definitely be lit up no questions, it comes on with the gauges. If it is out, you should have it checked out for sure. I have my DRLs disabled and it turns on with the car in morning.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The steering wheel is my biggest complaint in my 2005, it's just plain uncomfortable.

I agree. Its just plain shiny slippery vinyl/rubber. If a limited or gt steering of any of the two years comes on the market/junkyard i'm going to see if I can buy it.

The 05 LGT got a nice steering wheel with MOMO on the airbag cover.

The 06 LGT Automatic, and Spec B got the same wheel. MOMO was moved from the airbag to the bottom spoke, where it is embossed in the leather.

The 05 Manual LGT sedan got a smaller, thicker wheel, still leather, but only single seamed, and not perforated. It is the same wheel that the WRX STi has, without the red stitching, and with the subaru oval on the airbag, instead of the STI logo. I believe it is still MOMO, but not badged.

After sitting in an 06 WRX STI, Spec B, and 06 GT 5MT, I did notice the differences in the steering wheels...

I haven't followed the 2.5i models as closely, but they probably get a lower trim level wheel, as someone mentioned, with vinyl, rather than leather on the non-limited version. Seats are different between models, also.

Read the side impacts results for 2005 and 2006 @ http://www.iihs.org/ratings/ratingsbyseries.aspx?id=358 .

Those pictures doesn't show how the driver's door deformed/withstood the impact.

Ah, I see. Thanks. So the basic structure of the car is unchanged, as is depicted in the photos. Paranoid '05 owners can simply swap out their doors for '06 doors should they feel the need.

GTLEGS:

Im too lazy to read this long thread but i did search earlier, on my car the Legacy logo on the dash is not lit

Your automatic should not even have a logo to light up. Here is a 2005 automatic, notice the logo is replaced with the gear indicator. http://tinyurl.com/8u4pw

Edited by rubbercow
Removed old signature...

GTLEGS:

Im too lazy to read this long thread but i did search earlier, on my car the Legacy logo on the dash is not lit

Your automatic should not even have a logo to light up. Here is a 2005 automatic, notice the logo is replaced with the gear indicator. http://tinyurl.com/8u4pw

My guages are different than that, I think those may be non gt or non limited or something because they are different than mine, and mine does have the logo I can see it. thanks though

You may want to add that the 2006 models have a differnt glove box than the 2005.

You can now easily change the cabin air filter through the glovebox. The 2005 models required a kit to be installed by the dealer. I'm not sure if the 05's came with a filter from factory also, but my 06 did.

• 3 weeks later...
Nice write-up. I guess they're still going with the same stupid floormat hook.

Does anyone else get there pant leg caught on the hook as they panic looking for the brakes only to find their leg caught.

I've gone through my closet and ripped off all my pant legs so I don't wreck my new baby.

Does anyone else get there pant leg caught on the hook as they panic looking for the brakes only to find their leg caught.

No.

;)

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

I am surprised. I thought that was why everyoen coplains about it. It's this huge hook just sitting there and for the taller gusy with the seat all the way back sometimes my foot rests there.... isn't always enough room to leave it on the dead pedal for hours at a time.

Then when you go to quickly move the foot to the break or clutch it is stuck with the pant leg hooked on the hook.

Do you guys roll or PEG your pant lets to avoid this?