LegacyGT.com

My dual tip exhaust

wms291

Magnaflow straight thru stainless mufflers $160. Silverline resonated tips $60. Vibrant 18" resonator $100. 3" stainless pipe mandrel bent. 3" pipe from the cat to the flange. After the flange made the Y from 2.5" ovalized to the mufflers. The labor was $400. The resonator is needed. I like the sound but the wife hates it. There is a drone on the highway which I don't mind. Before I put the resonator in my 3 year old daughter plugged her ears with no prompting from the wife. If your looking for mild sound this is not it. No digi cam so no sound clips. Sorry.

The right side tips are close but do not touch. We'll see about the bumper. I was concerned about the Y not being a true Y but I seem to get equal buildup on the tips. Not loud to me but too loud for the wife. I like to take my car when the family goes out because of mileage. Our other vehicle is an Isuzu Rodeo(gas hog). But she insists on taking her car. Oh well. We will take my car on long distance trips cuz we use a roof mounted cargo thingy which will make more noise than the exhaust.:icon_bigg As a point of reference the stereo must be at least at 8 to not notice the drone exclusively. Long winded I know but it is hard to quantify. Oh yeah, forgot to say Thanks!

great work on the exhaust. the Y looks good. I'd say the tips are just a fractionally too large for the opening, but better than the stromung. this weekend i'm picking up some sound insulating material to do the trunk and rear seat area. maybe you should do the same....
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

Looks great, bro! :)

Thanks for being honest about the noise factor...from a brother who has a hearing-sensitive wifey. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Looks hot!

The tips are just barely clearing the bumpers - a little too close for my comfort.

I wonder if that plastic underpiece is easily removable. Somebody should make a replacement with more room ;)

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

mmmm...dual tip. i like. it looks hot. fyi:I believe your right exhaust is sitting higher up than your left. Have the muffler shop fix that. I think that set up would be perfect if your tips were marginally smaller. overall: beautiful.

starlabs,

that undertray/lower bumper portion is part of the whole bumper, no replacing just that piece; it's all or nothing. :)

I think your wagon looks great from the back now!

Well done. The dual tips with the slightly rolled edges look really cool. Not subtle though... your wagon now says "Don't even think of passing me.":cool:

Thanks for all the positive responses. I also agree the right side is a little higher. I just need to tweak the hangers. I've had the exhaust off twice to try different resonators so it needs a little adjustment. The hangers are hollow stainless, so easy to adjust. Its cold out and I'm too lazy to go out and measure the tips but I believe they are 6.5 or 7 inch and are 9 inches long.

Sandwood, let me know how the sound matting works out and what kind you use. I know one choice is Dynamat(spl?).

Skillz-The stock resonator sort of looks like a muffler but I don't know what it's packed with. The Vibrant looks like a straight thru bullet muffler with perforations inside with the sound silencing material.

Thanks again.

Skillz-The stock resonator sort of looks like a muffler but I don't know what it's packed with. The Vibrant looks like a straight thru bullet muffler with perforations inside with the sound silencing material.

Thanks again.

Is the exhaust with the Vibrant res on a little louder than stock? I have not seen much about an aftermarket resonator so I'm trying to learn about it. What made you replace it? More flow maybe?

I replaced everything from cat-back with 3" piping. Mufflers alone were too loud so I needed a resonator. I was told Lachute uses Vibrant products but I didn't really follow up on that. Vibrant looks good, toned the noise down a little but is pricey. I have guttted UP and Rally Performance shorty DP with stock cat.

Looks really good for an alternative to a Stromung exhaust and you save about $300 or so,..

IMO, I have the Stromung and I think the price is justified though as it is a true bolt on and the piping and welds are very good,..The best things are the mufflers though with the Stromung etched into the twinpipes and that the chrome on it wont have any rust spots or anything like some other "polished" mufflers are over time,...

But I like this twin tip muff setup,...would be good to listen to a clip though to make a comparison,...

I really wanted the Stromung also. They drug their feet though. If they had a wagon version at the same time they released the sedan I would have been all over it. I had one on my Rex and loved it. There is something to be said about true bolt on. But as said I did save about $300.

• 1 month later...

Archived