LegacyGT.com

Legacy 2013 engine noise

Hello everyone,

Am a new member of this interesting forum.

I own a 2013 Legacy 2.5 premium and the engine noise is now more than usual. Actually I've recently purchased this. Is this noise a serious problem?

Any ideas on how to solve this?

I would appreciate if you could recommend a reliable mechanic in Fairfax VA.

Thanks.

Hello everyone,

Am a new member of this interesting forum.

I own a 2013 Legacy 2.5 premium and the engine noise is now more than usual. Actually I've recently purchased this. Is this noise a serious problem?

I would appreciate if you could recommend a reliable mechanic in Fairfax VA.

Thanks.

If you're not used to boxers they do have a bit more engine noise than most other engines... but have you checked the oil level or know when it was last changed?

If you're not used to boxers they do have a bit more engine noise than most other engines... but have you checked the oil level or know when it was last changed?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am aware of that. But this noise is a bit more than usual. It increases specifically when I'm in motion and remove my foot off accelerator pedal. I am looking for a reliable Subaru mechanic in Fairfax VA to have this car checked. FYI I changed the oil yesterday but the noise still remains the same.

Hello everyone,

How can we give you ideal on what this noise is with no description or type of noise. For example does it sounds like a rattle, grinding, whining, bearing, chirping sound, etc. Do you here it inside the cabin or just in the engine bay, is there a DTC stored?

I’d take it to a reputable dealer for diagnosis. Then you could choose where to have it repaired. Subaru of America is good at kicking in some $$ towards big out of warranty repairs too. Since you mentioned the noise is related to engine braking, it could be coming from the CVT which has a 10/100 warranty. For dealer service around DC I’ve had the best luck with Annapolis Subaru. Fitzmall second and Beyer last. Haven’t tried any other dealers. For an Independent repair shop, you cannot beat Andrewtech in Gaithersburg.

They're loud when you first start them up and they're cold, but they sound very quiet once they're warmed up. At least this is the case with my 2013 2.5i :cool:

If it's an obnoxious buzzing or rattling sound, it could be a loose heat shield. If you have a way of getting under the car safely, that'd be pretty easy to check, just start tapping on heat shields until you find one that rattles.