LegacyGT.com

Clunk when sending it?

Yesterday, I got kind of a loud clunk from the rear, maybe driveshaft area? When I "sent" it the other day. I did a decent clutch drop and somewhere between that and shifting it(manual trans) I heard quite a loud clunk. Not sure what it is, or where it was even coming from, but that's why I'm here, asking around for any insight.

Thanks

There's a sticky in transmissions that boils down to the rear diff bushings are soft, so when you give it the goods everything twists up and the rear diff hits the floor.

Apparently those bushings aren't easy to replace but as maasia said, check that. One thing that helps it is group n engine and trans mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a sticky in transmissions that boils down to the rear diff bushings are soft, so when you give it the goods everything twists up and the rear diff hits the floor.

Apparently those bushings aren't easy to replace but as maasia said, check that. One thing that helps it is group n engine and trans mounts.

Dang it, I was afraid of that. Last time I was under there, they did look a bit chewy and dried up. I remember because I looked at those bushings and thought to myself, "what the heck are those?":lol: Agreed, they don't look easy to replace, either.

Yea they are pressed in. There is definitely info about replacing them or patching them with window weld if you look around though. Commom problem with the solution being stiffen everything or stop launching. Our cars apparently do it just by flooring it in first though.