LegacyGT.com

Video Games

DickDastardly00

Getting really into No Man's Sky. Still getting used to the flight controls, which are ok. It's not a sim, so it doesn't hold a candle to Elite Dangerous, combat is not nearly as technical or challenging for that matter, but it's everything else that makes the game fun. The exploration, base building, ground and water vehicles, oceans to explore, all of that stuff. That's what NMS gets right.

Still playing Elite we welcomed another friend into our squadron, looking forward to the Odyssey expansion coming in 2021. It will add space legs to the game, explore on foot, FPS elements, combat, planets with atmospheres.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Is someone playing Valorant, I just began to play it, but I want to learn how to use skill efficiently, can somebody help me?

I don't play that one myself but it looks interesting, I'm sure the answer you need is probably on Youtube or gamefaqs.com

Borrowed Star Wars Fallen Order from my library. Nice mix of exploration adventure stuff like in Uncharted, with really good lightsaber/force combat, plus some puzzles.

Uncharted was a fun game. I plan on getting Fallen Order eventually, decided I'm getting that first over SW Squadrons. Almost bought it in Sept but I bought No Man's Sky instead. Might just have to be a Christmas present later when I have more time.

Lately I'm playing Elite Dangerous, NMS, Forza Horizon 4, started a new game of modded Skyrim, swapped out a lot of textures for a completely different look, have brick walls instead of stone in the villages, Whitrerun tundra is now Green (with Green grass to match inside the city walls too) and a crap-ton of other changes to give a fresh look.

I'll have to give the Uncharted series another try. Only played an hour or so of one of them and it didn't hook me in.

Also want to revisit Skyrim. Have you played the Enderal mod? It's more like a DLC/extension than just a mod, entirely new setting, characters, etc. I haven't played it yet, but might give that a go instead of replaying Skyrim

I'll have to give the Uncharted series another try. Only played an hour or so of one of them and it didn't hook me in.

Also want to revisit Skyrim. Have you played the Enderal mod? It's more like a DLC/extension than just a mod, entirely new setting, characters, etc. I haven't played it yet, but might give that a go instead of replaying Skyrim

No I haven't but I heard really good things about it, still haven't even tried Bruma yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Verge review of Cyberpunk 2077

https://www.theverge.com/22157995/cyberpunk-2077-cd-projekt-red-review-xbox-ps4-ps5-pc-stadia

Cyberpunk sits in an alternate timeline where the Soviet Union still exists, Japan is a cultural and economic superpower, and big cities are chaotic warzones. The game is set several decades after the original tabletop release, and CD Projekt Red tones down its retro aesthetic enough to avoid ostentatious anachronism. But there are periodic flashbacks to an earlier era, creating a strangely hilarious setup where 2077 looks sort of like real-world 2020, and the fictional 2020s were actually the sci-fi 1980s, right down to vinyl records and eye-mounted camcorders.

I finished Cyberpunk 2077 in 40 hours, which covered most of the major side missions and a fair amount of cruising around Night City, but left a lot of smaller tasks undone. Every neighborhood is packed with jobs to discover, conversations to overhear, and
random crimes to stop.

And seriously — Cyberpunk 2077 is fun. CD Projekt Red has created a sprawling yet densely populated world where even meandering freeways, outlying deserts, and rows of factory-farm greenhouses feel beautifully crafted. It turns the already eerie and dystopian California road network into a veritable maze, with cross-borough trips sending you through a tangle of cement overpasses.

Cyberpunk has been hyped as a triumph of next-generation gaming, and its sheer size certainly takes advantage of modern computer and console specs. (My PC was barely powerful enough for the game’s vaunted ray-tracing options, and I mostly left them deactivated. My colleagues will be delving into its graphics after release.) I’ve been cautiously excited about Cyberpunk 2077 for years, and it’s almost exactly the game I expected: not terribly memorable, but campy and entertaining

Beat Fallen Order. Still lots of extra side content/exploration completionist stuff I could do, but won't, so that's heading back to the library. Very good game overall

Just started Fire Emblem Three Houses. Enjoying it so far, glad they made permadeath optional. I played Awakening on my 3DS and usually just restarted battles if an important team member died.

Anyone else here lucky enough to get the new PS5 or Xbox Series X? I finally got my PS5.

I got the series x, a few friends got that and the ps5. They aren't that hard to find if you look. All of us got them through the preorder

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Waiting for them to iron the kinks out first, plus waiting for the must-have games like Starfield, FM8. and so on.

Cyberpunk, while tempting is not a must-have game for me. Probably getting a new tv today, which is the first thing that needs to happen before I get a new console.

Been interesting seeing the hype bubble burst for Cyperpunk.

Seems like the initial criticisms have been about bugs, which can be patched, along with poor performance on previous gen consoles, particularly the early versions of previous gen, which can maybe be fixed via optimization patches.

But I've also seen some pretty poor reviews of the game itself from people with top tier PCs that are able to run it smoothly. Bad NPC AI causing lack of immersion, mediocre gunplay, repetitive quests.

Hotdamn, I'm getting a latency lag of 10ms playing the Xbox One through the new TV (a 65" Samsung Q80T).

That's pretty insane considering I was getting 43ms Lag through the old Samsung Smart TV in game mode, and over 80ms when not in game mode.

10ms is the best I've heard of in larger TV's, it might be the best currently on the market.

Been interesting seeing the hype bubble burst for Cyperpunk.

Seems like the initial criticisms have been about bugs, which can be patched, along with poor performance on previous gen consoles, particularly the early versions of previous gen, which can maybe be fixed via optimization patches.

But I've also seen some pretty poor reviews of the game itself from people with top tier PCs that are able to run it smoothly. Bad NPC AI causing lack of immersion, mediocre gunplay, repetitive quests.

I just got it for my Xbox One X, we'll see how it holds up.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Well, someone at Frontier Development leaked that Elite Dangerous: Odyssey is being release in April (originally they said Q1). So I think I'm going to want a Series X around tax time. It'll still play on the older consoles but will probably push a launch Xbox One to the brink I think.

It sounds like the overheating claims of the Series X were completely and totally fiction.

https://segmentnext.com/2020/10/12/xbox-series-x-overheating-problem/

To put it another way, everyone has unanimously agreed that Xbox Series X runs pretty quiet. That means its ventilation fan is not running at maximum speed, which in turn means that the console is not hot enough.

Should next-generation games force the Xbox Series X cooling system to work overtime, players will be able to hear a louder than average fan noise. Even that will be fine and should not cause any alarms. Concerns will be valid if Xbox Series X begins to automatically shut down due to overheating, a failsafe that has been there in all previous consoles.

Cyberpunk looks fine on a xbox one x, frame rate dips a little here and there, but it's totally playable for this type of game. I'd probably be a little pissed if it was a competitive game.

Just ordered a new Gigabyte z390 motherboard, 10th gen i7, 1tb NVME drive, and 32gb of ram to update my 1st Gen i7 computer. The ATI RX480 will carry over from my current computer as video cards are not reasonably priced right now, as will the 750w PSU.

Need to build a network drive apparatus for my router as I have lots of hard drives, and would rather just have them permanently networked, than run to the network through my PC.

Brought to you by Pfizer

I've been playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker, brings back a lot of Baldur's Gate memories. I tried Pillars of Eternity but couldn't quite get into it because of the writing. I also picked up an RTX 3080 (EVGA FTW) from MicroCenter on a whim. Too bad it's completely overkill for this isometric game - I purchased it more for video editing purposes.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Xbox Series X games (with '21 release dates)

Hitman 3 - January 20

Ride 4 - January 21

The Medium - January 28

Outriders - February 2

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood - February 4

Riders Republic - February 25

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake - March 18

Tennis World Tour 2 - March (exact day to be announced)

Back 4 Blood - June 22

The Gunk - September (exact day to be announced)

Xbox Series X games (with '21 release windows)

Aragami 2 - "Early" 2021

Blood Bowl 3 - "Early" 2021

Braid Anniversary Edition - "Early" 2021

Control Ultimate Edition - "Early" 2021

Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires - "Early" 2021

In Sound Mind - "Early" 2021

Black Legend - Q1 2021

Darq: Complete Edition - Q1 2021

King Arthur: Knight's Tale - Q1 2021

Mystiqa - Q1 2021

Hunting Simulator 2 - Spring 2021

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - Spring 2021

R-Type Final 2 - Spring 2021

The Stone of Madness - Spring 2021

Foreclosed - Q2 2021

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut - Summer 2021

Scarlet Nexus- Summer 2021

Grand Theft Auto 5 - Q3/Q4 2021

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen - Fall 2021

Halo Infinite - Fall 2021

Animal Rescue - Q4 2021

Xbox Series X games supposedly still releasing in '21 but do not have Windows or dates yet.

• The Amazing American Circus
  • The Ascent
  • Atomic Heart
  • Battlefield 6
  • Black Legend
  • Bright Memory: Infinite
  • Chernobylite
  • Chivalry 2
  • Chorus
  • Cris Tales
  • CrossfireX
  • Cyberpunk 2077 (next-gen upgrade)
  • The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes
  • Doom Eternal (next-gen upgrade)
  • Dustborn
  • The Elder Scrolls Online
  • Evil Dead: The Game
  • Far Cry 6
  • Ghostrunner (next-gen upgrade)
  • Gotham Knights
  • Gothic Remake
  • Greedfall
  • Hellbalde 2: Senua's Saga
  • Hello Neighbor 2
  • Hellpoint
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • Little Nightmares 2 (next-gen upgrade)
  • The Lord of the Rings: Gollum
  • Martha is Death
  • Marvel's Avengers (next-gen upgrade)
  • Metal: Hellsinger
  • Metro Exodus
  • Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Quantum Error
  • Resident Evil Village (rumored for April, unconfirmed)
  • Scorn
  • Second Extinction
  • Sherlock Holmes Chapter One
  • Shredders
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
  • Sword of the Necromancer
  • Temtem
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong
  • The Witcher 3 (next-gen upgrade, rumored for May but unconfirmed)

PS5 games with '21 release dates

MXGP 2020 - January 14

Hitman 3 - January 20

Ride 4 - January 20

Outriders - February 2

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood - February 4

The Nioh Collection - February 5

Riders Republic - February 25

Destruction Allstars - February (part of that month's release on PlayStation Plus)

Yakuza: Like a Dragon - March 2

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake - March 18

Returnal - March 19

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut - March (exact day to be announced)

Tennis World Tour 2 - March (exact day to be announced)

Hood: Outlaws & Legends - May 10

Deathloop - May 21

Back 4 Blood - June 22

PS5 games (with a '21 Release window)

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - "PS5 launch window" and/or "first half" of 2021

Aragami 2 - "Early" 2021

Blood Bowl 3 - "Early" 2021

Braid Anniversary Edition - "Early" 2021

Control Ultimate Edition - "Early" 2021

Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires - "Early" 2021

In Sound Mind - "Early" 2021

Tribes of Midgard - "Early" 2021

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 - "Early" 2021

Black Legend - Q1 2021

Darq: Complete Edition - Q1 2021

King Arthur: Knight's Tale - Q1 2-21

Mystiqa - Q1 2021

Praey for the Gods - Q1 2021

Oddworld Soulstorm - Spring 2021

Hunting Simulator 2 - Spring 2021

Kena: Bridge of Spirits - Spring 2021

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - Spring 2021

The Stone of Madness - Spring 2021

Foreclosed - Q2 2021

Scarlet Nexus - Summer 2021

Horizon: Forbidden West - "Second half" of 2021

Hogwarts Legacy - "Late" 2021

Grand Theft Auto 5 - Q3/Q4 2021

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen - Fall 2021

Animal Rescue - Q4 2021

PS5 games slated for release in '21 (without dates or windows)

Atomic Heart

The Amazing American Circus

Battlefield 6

Black Legend

Chernobylite

Chivalry 2

Chorus

Cris Tales

Cyberpunk 2077 (next-gen upgrade)

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes

Doom Eternal (next-gen upgrade)

Dustborn

Dying Light 2

The Elder Scrolls Online (next-gen upgrade)

Endless Dungeon

Evil Dead: The Game

Far Cry 6 (rumored for May 2021, yet to be confirmed)

Ghostrunner (next-gen upgrade)

GhostWire: Tokyo

God of War: Ragnarok

Goodbye Volcano High

Gotham Knights

Heavenly Bodies

Hellpoint

Jett: The Far Shore

Little Devil Inside

Little Nightmares 2 (unconfirmed for PS5, launching February 11 for PS4)

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

Martha is Death

Marvel's Avengers (next-gen upgrade)

Metal: Hellsinger

Resident Evil Village (rumored for April, unconfirmed)

Sherlock Holmes Chapter One

Solar Ash

Stray

Sword of the Necromancer

The Witcher 3 (next-gen upgrade, rumored for May but unconfirmed