LegacyGT.com

Video Games

DickDastardly00

Downloading some damnable Train Empire game right now for the PS4.

My 2.5 year old son is obsessed with trains, much to my chagrin, and was highly animated when he saw the picture of the title on screen.

I bet it will be fun, I've always wanted to try one, there's a couple of titles like that for Xbox One too. They look like straight up sims, really in depth, real, licensed everything.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to drum up interest, but likely will just get a new PC instead which I can play at least some xbox titles on. Exclusives are what used to drive a console's sales but there seems to be far less of those these days.

• 1 month later...

These press releases trickling out new game information are not even a tease anymore.

Would love more info on Starfield (aka Skyrim in space), Bethesda, you're slacking. According to Todd Howard it's playable. So whydontcha roll that beautiful footage Todd? This fall maybe?

Looking forward to Star Wars Squadrons this fall, reminds me of the old Rogue Squadron/ X-Wing Commander games.

Started playing a couple older, but new to me games this weekend, think they were previous PS+ free games.

Detroit: Become Human - more like an interactive movie than a game, but very engrossing stories.

Titanfall 2 - FPS where you play as a human that can also get inside a mech. Only an hour or so into single player, but pretty fun so far.

• 3 weeks later...
Will it be sold in a box, because I would like to purchase a box with an xbox one series x box inside.

You get no box. You will have to box me for it if you want a box so your Xbox Series X can be inside of a box.

The other rumor is the price point, some are claiming they've seen retail-side information claiming it will be $599 while the PS5 is rumored to be $499 at launch. Nothing is confirmed yet though.

I'm good with my one x for now. Shit it's basically a $400 kids netflix machine at this point.

All the good games are delayed until next year anyway, there is really no rush. One quick note, it does cool stuff to your existing games with the whole BC thing, will upscale them and make them prettier, not enough to get me to buy one but still cool.

Looks massively and unwieldy. Doesn't seem like it will look nice in a TV stand.

Found this website, has a CAD drawing type view comparing to PS5, PS4 pro, and Xbox one x.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x

Also, their naming conventions are terrible.

I'll probably get a new Xbox or PS at some point, partially a matter of exclusives. But I also have a PS4 with mostly digital games, so the backwards compatibility there would be a big deal for me.

Looks massively and unwieldy. Doesn't seem like it will look nice in a TV stand.

Found this website, has a CAD drawing type view comparing to PS5, PS4 pro, and Xbox one x.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x

Also, their naming conventions are terrible.

I'll probably get a new Xbox or PS at some point, partially a matter of exclusives. But I also have a PS4 with mostly digital games, so the backwards compatibility there would be a big deal for me.

9f8f71e6bde65cacc6bf4bf44ecfada6.jpg

"I thought you'd be bigger"
PS5-Size-770x433.jpg

The PS5 looks like it'll stick out like a sore thumb on my entertainment center, the Xbox Series X is more discreet looking.

Edited by DickDastardly00

There are more mods for Cities Skylines on PC than on any console.

Oh I'm sure, I might buy No Man's Sky on PC just for the mods, mainly the low altitude flight enabling mod (default is you auto-pilot land, which sounds lame).

• 1 month later...
New Star Wars Squadrons game is getting high marks. Apparently it strikes a nice balance between Arcade and Simulation. The Dog Fighting mechanics are reportedly well done and do not get boring. The single player campaign is about 7 hours in length and can also be played Co-op. There are many multiplayer modes, pvp, squad-based combat and the locations look fantastic. I may have to get this.

So I bought No Man's Sky instead, I have about 8 hours in to normal mode so far. It's a game I wasn't sure if I'd ever buy, but I'm enjoying it so far. It's a Space Exploration/Survival game that appeals to your senses with vibrant colored worlds and living, breathing eco systems. It's a game that makes you want to explore.

I like the base building aspect kind of like Ark, or Fallout 4 but seems less clunky than those games. The crafting system reminds me of Space Engineers but more streamlined, and better done. Flight is ok, nothing near as good as Elite Dangerous but passable enough. It seems after 4 years they fleshed this game out and fixed a lot of the bugs, so kudos to them for seeing it through.

Edited by DickDastardly00

Tried my best on day one to get an X (for me) and an S (for my son).

No luck. Checked all sites daily. Actually had the X and S in my cart at microsoft.com but it would always error out when I tried to check out. For a week it was in my cart but it would never let me check out. It finally emptied my cart. Gave up.

Randomly today I logged into the microsoft site and was able to add an S to my cart and checkout. Wow!! So son is set. It went out of stock after I checked out.

Kept looking the at the X. No joy.

An hour later I could add another S to my cart so I did and was able to checkout.

So I guess we’re getting two series S consoles.

No PS5 for me. I bought the PS4 to play Last of Us and it’s been collecting dust since.

Definitely getting my daughter a Switch light for her birthday, my son hogs the regular switch.

The problem with both new systems is lack of games, most have been pushed well into 2021, some if that blame goes to covid though. Honestly the X's biggest appeal is its B/C and the new Call of Duty. I suppose I'll care more when there's a new Forza to play, and the new Starfield game (aka Skyrim in space) is released. Also looking forward to Elite Dangerous Oddessy, that might make me more interested too. Basically I need at least 3 badass new games to justify a purchase.

Dove into the Cold War beta last night for a bit. Maps are good, gun play is standard COD, which isn't a bad thing. Fireteam game mode is cool, but the concept doesn't make any ****** sense. (Why would multiple military teams be killing each other over the opportunity to destroy the same objective). I haven't played a COD game since Ghost, so it's come a long way since then.

Brought to you by Pfizer