LegacyGT.com

Denial

I guess the stealership is in denial there is a battery/HU issue. Woke up this morning to a hard cranking, non-starting car. Second time in a month. Actually, 26 days. Very frustrating in a car that is less than 6 months old and only 8k miles. Maybe it's time to look harder at the awd Altima. :eek:

I guess the stealership is in denial there is a battery/HU issue. Woke up this morning to a hard cranking, non-starting car. Second time in a month. Actually, 26 days. Very frustrating in a car that is less than 6 months old and only 8k miles. Maybe it's time to look harder at the awd Altima. :eek:
See ya! If a battery is your threshold, have fun!
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Woke up this morning to a hard cranking, non-starting car ... Maybe it's time to look harder at the awd Altima.

If you're looking for help in figuring out the cause, we need to know more about your specific vehicle, its trim level and any accessories. The electronics in these cars are complex enough that there are myriad opportunities to inadvertently drain the battery ... a situation not unique to Subaru.

If you just posted here to whine about the problem, that's OK too.

Very frustrating in a car that is less than 6 months old ...
Frustrating? Yes, but you can't just extrapolate your short-term experience to the entire fleet. Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

If you're looking for help in figuring out the cause, we need to know more about your specific vehicle, its trim level and any accessories. The electronics in these cars are complex enough that there are myriad opportunities to inadvertently drain the battery ... a situation not unique to Subaru.

If you just posted here to whine about the problem, that's OK too.

Frustrating? Yes, but you can't just extrapolate your short-term experience to the entire fleet.

Oh snap! Sounds to me like you need to put your foot down and get SOA in your phonebook. I'm on a first name basis with them. =/

So, what is your trim level and build date? This forum is a great resource for help and information you might not otherwise find out about your legacy.

My Legacy 3.6R and I both have had "issues", not a typo. Anyone who has read my posts would agree.

I guess sarcasm sometimes get lost in these posts. I've had my '19 3.6 Leggy since April. It now has 8300 miles. This is my 3rd subie and the 8th or 9th in my family. I've read thru (or glanced) at most of the posts here in the 6th gen forum before I upgraded from my 5th gen. When I took it in to the stealership last month, i mentioned that someone else had a problem with the HU. They checked and decided i needed an update. 26 days later it's now the battery. I'm sure i'll have to upgrade/replace the battery before winter get here.

• 1 month later...
I so hope I'm not too late but from my personal experience you're so much better of with a 19 Legacy than you are with the awd altima. Altima's seats are too narrow (even my petit mother says so), the seating position is oddly high, the infotainment is laggy, the build quality is worse compared to my Legacy, and the engine is really buzzy. I don't know if I only notice these things because I'm able to drive these two cars back to back, but these are the things I personally noticed. Also, no memory seats (among other things) unless you go for the Platinum trim, which with AWD costs about $36k.

If the battery tests good, you're not getting a new battery. Subaru's have weak and undersized batteries from the factory.

If your car eventually starts, you're not getting a new battery. If your vehicle has to be towed in by roadside with a stone dead battery, then you might be getting a new battery.

Issues with the battery are well documented:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/battery-alternator-issue-only-32k-266413.html?t=266413

• 2 years later...