LegacyGT.com

Turbo Coolant Line Replacement

I am talking the advice of the LGT performance mods thread and replacing some turbo lines that have been known to rust away.

Parts referenced in this post. https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5241759&postcount=19364

Anyone who has done this, have you any advice for how to go about replacing these lines or tips on making it easier? Did you have to pull the turbo?

Just did this a few weeks ago with the braided lines instead. I think going with the OEM parts is the right move. I'd probably suggest painting them too for future rust prevention.

No need to drop the turbo. The upper heat shield can stay, but I can't remember if there was a shield on the lower side that had to be removed to get at the banjos. That part should be pretty obvious if there is.

The banjos are very close to the front motor mount. Its doable as is, but it may make your life easier if you get that mount out of the way. I did the swap with the engine out of the car, then tightened them in the car with the mount in place. The best I could do was from underneath, about 1/12 of a turn with a standard wrench at a time.

You should be able to pinch off the rubber coolant lines with vise grips well enough to prevent a major mess, but I'd have some spare coolant ready to top off.

Code:

14430AA220 PIPE COMPLETE-TURBO,NO.2 1

14472AA250 HOSE ASSEMBLY-WATER 1

14480AA010 CONNECTOR-TURBOCHARGER PIPE 1

15194AA100 SCREW-UNION 2

803912040 GASKET 4

803912130 GASKET-12.5X17X2 1

Just in case, that last figure is the quantity needed.

I did mine when doing the timing belt a couple years ago. I had some heat shields that rusted away, but i did change it with the motor mount attached. Not sure if the missing heat shield made a difference or not, but if I had to guess I’d say they are pretty easily accessible. I did also have the radiator and fans out. Good luck

• Like 1