Words cannot describe the awesome - Vol 5

Flinkly

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
gifs_01.gif[/quote ]

Nice animation...but no way that's real. F15s don't/cant stop in mid-flight to let another aircraft cross their noses like that

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Unreal how far those flight sims have come. Beats the heck out of playing "F-15 Strike Eagle" on my dads 486 back in the day. I really wanted "Falcon 4.0" but the machine wouldn't run it and I'm pretty sure we had an EGA monitor at the time. :lol: Edited by crazytiger

Unreal how far those flight sims have come. Beats the heck out of playing "F-15 Strike Eagle" on my dads 486 back in the day. I really wanted "Falcon 4.0" but the machine wouldn't run it and I'm pretty sure we had an EGA monitor at the time. :lol:

I ran F-15 Strike Eagle on an 8088 with only 5.25" floppy drives and a CGA monitor... hahaha. I'm getting old.

• 2 weeks later...
I ran F-15 Strike Eagle on an 8088 with only 5.25" floppy drives and a CGA monitor... hahaha. I'm getting old.

It's interesting to have "grown up" with tech and seen the changes over the years. An 8088 based game would have used assembly language to eek out every last bit of the processor's power. Today you can play games, mine bitcoin, play music, read email and check your ring at the same time. Imagine running a modern gaming rig fully optimized for the game you are playing? zero lag full immersion with an AI that's faster than you?

I loaded up an original test drive game that had been tweaked to run on a modern computer. Graphics are crap, yeah, but the thrill? I still played it until my eyes were blurry.

Having driven on tracks in cars that are exact matches for sim setups, once you get past all the geeky stuff and allow yourself to be immersed in the experience; it takes surprisingly little to be so involved that a bad accident will find you sprawled on the floor with the driving seat on top of you. I have since mounted the seat on a wide frame, but I still rock the setup trying to duck a bad accident.