LegacyGT.com

Words cannot describe the awesome - Vol 5

Flinkly

I'm pretty sure I first saw one of these rockets here on LGT.com many years ago.

Here's some context:

And here's some more:

Edited by NSFW
so much whitespace

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just looking at that picture scares the hell outta me....but...back in the day when I was a lot younger and quite a bit stupider I skied those kind of runs most days when we went out.... At Whistler/Blackcomb the 2 steepest were "Goat's Gully" and "Saudan Couloir" The top of Goat's was just like that but not quite as far vertically........On the "Saudan" they run an extreme race down it every year.... I never ran the race but we skied it as often as we had good snow. Must have been NUTS!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 1:03 PM, Scooby Fan said:

Just looking at that picture scares the hell outta me....but...back in the day when I was a lot younger and quite a bit stupider I skied those kind of runs most days when we went out.... At Whistler/Blackcomb the 2 steepest were "Goat's Gully" and "Saudan Couloir" The top of Goat's was just like that but not quite as far vertically........On the "Saudan" they run an extreme race down it every year.... I never ran the race but we skied it as often as we had good snow. Must have been NUTS!!

There used to be a "run" on the far left of blackcomb that involved a frozen waterfall after a rather epic ride. I was soft-boots on an alpine board. The waterfall section was always scraped clean by side-slipping ppl. So you either followed the same path or went for it. 

Blackcomb was/is (it's been 20years since I was last there) an epic place for steep & deep. The tree runs were worth every bit of agony (one F'up and you were sucking pain meds by the handful).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...