Words cannot describe the awesome - Vol 5

Flinkly

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you see the skier in this:

Hope he's wearing a parachute.

(Decades ago I saw a video of a guy ... Japanese, I think ... who "skied" down Mt. Everest. The mountain face was so steep that he deployed a drag chute to limit his speed. He eventually fell, and then tumbled thousands of feet further down the mountain. I don't remember whether he survived or not. Darwin Award candidates abound.)

Edit: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piNRRg7WuG8]Skiing down Mount Everest - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Well he almost ded.

A little searching revealed that the "skiing down Everest" episode was the subject of an Academy Award winning documentary in 1976, and of course it's now available on YouTube. Complete footage of the spectacular run itself begins at about 1:12:00 into the video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqV4pCffyBk]This Man Skied Down Mt. Everest | The Man Who Skied Down Everest | Wonder - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Yes but the distributor is where the pulleys should be and where the f is the radiator?

Edit: I see the lines, ill bet they run back to the cast or barrel on the back

Edited by 700watts