LegacyGT.com

Words cannot describe the awesome - Vol 5

Flinkly

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I learned that there is a race for paraplegics with exoskeletons. They basically walk about 50 feet, sit, stand, weave around some tables, and go up and down a few stairs and through a door.... but it's beyond awesome that they're doing it at all.

I can't figure out how to get a link to the video, so here's the whole page, with links to all of them:

https://cybathlon.ethz.ch/en/event/disciplines/exo#media-video-4440

I'll admit that I only watched a couple. It's not exactly high speed entertainment. :) It's just awesome because of what it is. At least check out the winning run - top row, right column.

I wonder how long until they are running faster than Olympians and the rest of us are shopping for upgrades.

Man that's awesome. Competition is good and that's a very thorough course. I hope to see that advance as rapidly as possible in the near future. Robotics is a much hard field than I think most people realize, but these guys are knocking the dynamic piece out of the park:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

There is a great historical drama movie about Alan Turing and the work done by him and the Bletchley Park team in cracking the Enigma code machine..... The Imitation Game....watched it twice and enjoyed it both times. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A while back I linked to a thread about a guy building a 4th-gen Camaro to run 7s. He sold that car, started over with a Foxbody Mustang, and got into 6s with it (at 202mph).

So, obviously that turbo wasn't big enough.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-tech/1928903-calypso-fox-street-car-quest-6-s-hydraulic-388ci-gtr98-5.html#post20357179

He ran that at US131 Motorsports Park in Martin Michigan. I'm about 25 miles from there and boxkita has relatives up near Martin. I'll have to go out there some time and see what's going on. I haven't been to a drag race since we had our cars in the 90's.