LegacyGT.com

Top Gear Survey - Legacy #8

Just watched the first episode of top gear this season, they talked about the Top Gear survey results.

The Legacy comes in #8, Forester#10.

from http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/survey/top_10.shtml

1: Honda S2000

2: Lexus IS200/300

3: Lexus RX300

4: Skoda Superb

5: Skoda Octavia

6: Honda Jazz

7: Honda Accord

8: Subaru Legacy

9: Skoda Fabia

10: Subaru Forester

Just thought I'd share.

Theres is no more American Top Gear...even though there was a huge demand for it, they lowered the quality and the length of the show (and alot of american bashing)

For all my Top Gear information, i go to www.finalgear.com currently up!

They also did a segment on the legacy, now i realized it, it aired on Nov 9th 2003, and they were in love with the navagation system...so it took 2 years to reach the states? Lame...

I'm not impressed as it looks like it's just an online reader's poll/survey.

My guess is that it's heavily influenced by online groups. But I could be wrong. Afterall, I don't know how much of a following Skoda has in the UK.

It's based on percentages of satisfied owners out the total number of responses for a particular model.

Supposedly bastardized Discovery Channel Top Gear will be back next month. Until then, the new series started this past Sunday. Fire up the BT clients and get it!

Not bad but I cant see how a Honda Accord, Honda Jazz and Skoda whateva is better than the GT and thats not a biased comment at all, thats just fact.

Ada///M.

Its not based on "the best car".

What happened is these people in the UK went out and bought their cars based on whatever opinions they formulated on their own. Following their purchase Top Gear offered a satisfaction survey.

The questions wasn't "Is the Legacy GT better than the Jazz.".. they're asking you about your particular car. i.e. How are you satisfied with handling? Maintience? Noises/Rattles? etc.

They're asking how well the poll-ees were satisfied with their car purchase. For example, I could go out and buy a Ford GT and a Legacy GT. We obviously know what car is better, but what one am I more satisfied with? I might like that the Ford is reeeely fast but maybe it breaks too often, its not piratical, I don't like the color etc.

From what I understand, people in the UK generally are concerned less about performance then they are about having a quirk-free car.

Subaru Impreza was #26, overall, I think Subaru did very well. French cars did horrid (no surprise why they aren't offered in the states). They made a great comment on how the French were so mad that their cars suck, that they were burning all of them.

This is the whole list of results:

http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2005/11/stories/01/1.html

subaru loses point in ownership costs . it's more expensive to own a subaru than a skoda in EU;)

although is a good point for skoda to be in top 10 , we see a patern in this top :

japanese cars

german cars

french cars :lol:

bmw , audi are in the middle , shame , shame ...

11 Toyota Yaris (DOWN)

sa cautam si suratele nemtesti

30 BMW 5-Series (pre-June '03) (DOWN)

31 Porsche Boxster (DOWN)

33 Porsche 911 (DOWN)

38 BMW 3-Series (DOWN)

40 Vauxhall Signum (NEW)

42 BMW Z4 (NEW)

49 BMW 5-Series (June '03 on) (NEW)

50 Audi TT (UP)

55 Audi A4 (DOWN) http://www.masini.ro/forum/images/smiles/blush.gif

Theres is no more American Top Gear...even though there was a huge demand for it, they lowered the quality and the length of the show (and alot of american bashing)

Fellow LGTer Scotty received this reply, which is the most recent notice that I know of to have come from The Discovery Channel, regarding the Americanized Top Gear:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=340664&postcount=40

I for one even enjoyed the Americanized version and highly anticipate their return - but definitely, I much more favor the original, which is available, nearly in-entirety over the course of their seasons so far, via Torrent.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Not bad but I cant see how a Honda Accord, Honda Jazz and Skoda whateva is better than the GT and thats not a biased comment at all, thats just fact.

Ada///M.

The Accord is the Euro Accord....our Acura TSX (a much more nimble car than the USDM Accord):

http://www.carpages.co.uk/honda/honda_images/honda_accord_side_16_04_05.JPG

Skoda Octavia (part of VW):

http://www.auto-motor.at/Auto/Autos-Neuwagen/Automarken-Automodelle-Neuigkeiten/Skoda-News/Skoda-Octavia-RS/Skoda-Octavia-RS_high.jpg

As for the Honda Jazz, :confused:

The Honda Jazz is a small car...similar to something like a Scion xA I think. I know old folks seem to love it;)

As for Brits being less concerned about performance? I don't think so. Why else would the Brits give us cars like TVR, Ariel Atom, etc. Lots of specialty British cars that will blow the doors off of a lot of other cars. Besides, why do the Brits get the high performance version of everything? They've had WRXs and turbo Legacy's for years before we did. Look at the Accord Euro-R (which has been around LONG before the TSX came here), Ford Focus RS, Civic Type-R (what the previous gen Si should have been) and the list goes on.

EDIT: Honda Jazz

http://www.honda.de/images/news/head/354/Jazz_07-05-04_m.jpg

For all my Top Gear information, i go to www.finalgear.com currently up!

They also did a segment on the legacy, now i realized it, it aired on Nov 9th 2003, and they were in love with the navagation system...so it took 2 years to reach the states? Lame...

I've watched on the telli myself.....Baltimore, MD. It's on TV.

I had a TVR for 5 years - sold it when I moved to the States. I still miss it, 0-60 in 4.1 makes an LGT seem sedate. Had a great cruise from London to Barcelona too - AVERAGE speed 115 - gauge was at 170 most of the time, but had to stop every 150 miles for gas. No freeway near me is smooth enough for that even if it were clear.

Guess I need to go Stage 2...

i was just in england for my yearly visit... they do get all the cooler versions of cars (mostly). even their american cars (such as the ford focus) are faster than outs. although the avergae brit can usually be found driving a 1-1.6 liter jap/french car, u go into the west end and alls u will see is bmw, mercedes, porsche, bentley and RR parked along the side streets. shitloads of money in that area, exotic car dealerships are pretty common there.

of course these euro cars are cheaper for them, but still a nice sight to me

honda jazz is a really nice car. it even comes with a 7 speed automatic CVT transmission . 1.4l - 87bhp. octavia is supposed to be the poor sister of VW . altough i don't understand VAG's opinion on this. it brought skoda on VW level , tends to get VW to audi , and audi ... errrr it's bullshit if you ask me . they still produce skoda octavia I here , and it's sold as octavia tour . 2 engines available , 1.6 102bhp and 1.9TDI 90bhp. it's around 16 000 all taxes included. as i said in my previous post , subaru stands great, considering that the costs of owning a subaru are greatlly increased by the importing(customs) taxes. in romania i have to paid for a subaru , if i buy it cash : price + 19% (VAT) + 30%(import taxes) + 9%(or more, accize, they are paid in groups per cc; for 2.5 is 9% ) so the romanian state is the one that gains the best with out doing nothing X(

Archived